Comparison between F-series and Mark series

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheHysteria

Reaction score
I'm basically comparing the Mesa F-30 and the Mark IIB. I'm deciding whether I should trade my used IIB for a used F-30 or F-50. I like how the F-30 has seperate EQ settings for the 'clean' and 'lead'. Pretty useful and the distortion on the F-30 is pretty decent.

The problem I have with the IIB is the shared EQ. For example, if you dial up the bass on the clean channel (which sounds pretty good), it affects the lead channel and when you have quite a bit of bass on the lead channel, you have a pretty bad lead.

I'm struggling with the versatility on my IIB. Don't get me wrong, it sounds awesome, but to me the IIB feels more like a studio amp. You can have one great lead and one good clean, but if you want to make your clean channel sound better, it'll affect lead channel and may make it sound bad.

Advice or comments?
What would the major differences be tonewise?

BTW, I'm not sure if this thread is in the right section. Vintage amps?

So excuse me.

The F-50 is a great modern dual channel amp, but it will sound different than the IIB. The Lonestar Classic is also a modern dual channel amp and it has closer roots to the IIB sound.

Chris... 8)

Latest posts

Back