Compact single channel heads

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrodr008

Reaction score
I'm looking for something like the Mesa Transatlantic or Port City Pearl but about $1k less in price as this would be a B rig of mine. I'm looking to have something small, compact, yet clean and loud enough for gigging. I'll be using a small pedal board with just a dirt box, boost, wah, and delay pedal. So the amp doesn't need to have any real bells and whistles going on. Also most likely gonna pair it with a Mesa Thiele cab.

Any suggestions appreciated, thanks!

Try a VHT special 6. They are $200 for a 1X10 combo and $179 for the head. It is a 6 watt class A point to point handwired tube amp that is built in china to keep the cost low. It has 1 12ax7 and 1 6v6. I has two nobs: volume and tone. It also has high power and low power so you can knock it down to three watts. These things are built well and with quality parts. It's ridiculous how good this thing sounds for $200 bucks. It does chimey fender cleans, pushed blues breakup, and low gain crunch sounds well as a stand alone. I plug mine into my recto 2x12 with a blackstar ht dual and a line 6 delay modeler and it screams. I use it for teaching, rehearsals, and small gigs and jams and I couldn't be happier with it.

giantstepjoe said:
Try a VHT special 6. They are $200 for a 1X10 combo and $179 for the head. It is a 6 watt class A point to point handwired tube amp that is built in china to keep the cost low. It has 1 12ax7 and 1 6v6. I has two nobs: volume and tone. It also has high power and low power so you can knock it down to three watts. These things are built well and with quality parts. It's ridiculous how good this thing sounds for $200 bucks. It does chimey fender cleans, pushed blues breakup, and low gain crunch sounds well as a stand alone. I plug mine into my recto 2x12 with a blackstar ht dual and a line 6 delay modeler and it screams. I use it for teaching, rehearsals, and small gigs and jams and I couldn't be happier with it.

In this NAMM clip, the VHT guy actually says the amp is wired with a simple layout so the user can mod it to taste. How cool is that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHwGPppbwq0

This thing rocks too, its not single channel, but Im a sucker for the old TS tone.

And its got an effects loop to boot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDquVJZKRGI&feature=related

Latest posts

Back