combo and cab??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PRS24

Reaction score
if i got a dc-5 combo is there anyway i could also hook a 2x12 cab into too?

what would i need to get to be able to do that. like wat cables

^^ yeah. just make sure it's not an instrument cable. and, the thicker the wire (lower guage) the better. I have a 14awg for mine, but I think up to 18awg is acceptable.

I realize that speaker wire is better that an instrument cable but doesn't a std. instrument cable work in a fix? Can using one damage the amp or speaker in any way? Thanks.

Famous_Person said:
Can using one damage the amp or speaker in any way? Thanks.

you can blow your output transformer using instrument cable to connect amp/speaker.

Speaker wire is 2 similarly studly wires running to the 2 terminals on your speaker.

Instrument cable is coaxial with a wimpy hot signal wire running inside a braided/woven sheath of metal...there's about 100x the metal in the sheath as there is in the hot signal wire. your output transformer doesn't care for this imbalance, and sometimes punishes you by cooking itself into a smelly oblivion, which will cost you about $300 in parts and labor charges (not to mention about $500 in lost value if yours is a vintage amp)

don't do it

Latest posts

Back