Combo AND a cab?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dank

Reaction score
I've been using my Mark V 1x12 for awhile now, and I'm 90% there, meaning, I still crave the deeper tones of my Fargen 20 watt Blackbird and my Dr. Z Maz Jr. Are some of you finding that adding a 2x12 to the mix really improves the overall tone of the combo? If so, it would seem pointless for stage use, as you typically mic only one speaker. Not too mention, who wants to lug another pieceof gear? The 1x12 is heavy!

As an aside, I take umbridge, but ever so slightly, at the Administrator's defining newer members of this forum as "Bottle Rockets." I've been playing guitar since the Beatles came ashore here in 1964, and I've owned Mesa Boogies on and off over the past 19 years. :D

Then you would remember the Bottle Rocket was a pedal that Mesa made 10 or so years ago after the V-Twin. Since it was the most inexpensive piece of equipment Mesa ever made, maybe that's what the name implies... "entry level". It could be worse; Mesa could have made an amp called the "Duchebag". :lol:

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/V-1-BottleRocket/V-1BottleRocket.html

If you want to kick it old school, having a 1x12 combo stacked on top of a matching 1x12 Thiele cab used to be a popular way to go.

screamingdaisy said:
If you want to kick it old school, having a 1x12 combo stacked on top of a matching 1x12 Thiele cab used to be a popular way to go.

If only the 19" wide Thiele fit under the 23" wide Mark V. :p My thiele will go next to the ampstand, the V is going on the stand. For the medium sized gigs. (Atop the 412 she'll go for big gigs.)

They just release a wide bodied, front ported 1x12. I ordered 1 with my V. Take a look as the price list. Its like $439 or $469 =)

Wayne

StratRat said:
They just release a wide bodied, front ported 1x12. I ordered 1 with my V. Take a look as the price list. Its like $439 or $469 =)

Wayne

Yep, but a Thiele it is (technically) not.

http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/V-1-BottleRocket/V-1BottleRocket.html I actually do remember that. A Bottle Rocket. Hmmm...not so bad, actually. Go ahead, call me a Bottle Rocket.

dank said:
That's rather steep for a 1x12 cabinet.

Other cabs of comparable quality are more expensive:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/navigation/guitars?N=100001+304262&Ntk=All&Ntt=1x12+cab&Nty=1

ENGL, Koch, Bogner, Diezel, Marshall, THD, and Vox all have 1x12 cabs that are more expensive :eek:

dank said:
http://mesaboogie.com/Product_Info/Out_of%20_Production/V-1-BottleRocket/V-1BottleRocket.html I actually do remember that. A Bottle Rocket. Hmmm...not so bad, actually. Go ahead, call me a Bottle Rocket.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess if it was based on the cheapest product it would have been the Kickstand ($49).

phyrexia said:
screamingdaisy said:

If only the 19" wide Thiele fit under the 23" wide Mark V. :p My thiele will go next to the ampstand, the V is going on the stand. For the medium sized gigs. (Atop the 412 she'll go for big gigs.)

Yeah... I was just guessing. They need to develop a new Thiele cab to match their current line-up of combos.

LOPO has a line of wide 1x12 cabs reasonably priced, well made and good looking. You can also order them unloaded and put whatever speaker you like in them . They are called the Lopo "Large." No, I don't work for them or sell them, but I do own one. Check 'em out on ebay.

ty

I just bought the matching Mark V cab and it is ported. It really does make the amp sing gives balls to the low end and adds a certain something to the overall sound on every channel. It is the total package. Gotta go, got a gig...

BoogieStack2.jpg

Latest posts

Back