Colliseum limit control

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fear

Reaction score
Since I switched out my tubes, the amp sounds great. But now the limit knob on the back only works in the zero-position. It was working the opposite before, no sound on zero, but sound in all other positions. I don't think it blew a transformer or anything because it still gets pretty loud (not sonic-boom loud like I was expecting from this head) and sounds really sweet. I still haven't swapped the 6fq7 tube and put a 12AX7 tube in the 12AT7 spot but there was a 12AX7 there before anyway.

What gives?

I can't imagine swapping tubes having an effect on the limit pot. I think with the limit on zero, it should be on full volume, and then decrease as the limit is turned up. maybe the pot could use a cleaning. Also, an amp the as valuable as it is, and for how much of a good price you got it for, you could be better off protecting it by getting it serviced at mesa by one of the few that know everything there is about it

scott

Yeah, that's the kinda thing that waits until tax-time, maybe. I've checked out these guys getting theres back ith $600+ receipts plus shipping. It sounds really sweet now as-is. I just figured someone might have run into this before.

to service it at mesa probably $300 plus shipping which is about $100 both ways. the people that spent $600 got the "+" upgrade or had an amp that was butchered, in which case the service was necessary.

maybe a touch of deoxit in the limit pot may help for a little while

scott

Latest posts

Back