Coliseum voltage rewiring question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigmouth

Reaction score
anybody have first hand experience on how to change voltages on a coliseum ? looking to change from US to EU.

So you have an export transformer that is hard wired to 117V.

You need to look at the primary wiring and check where the cloth Black and Brown striped wiring is connected. Also, check where the solid Black cloth wire is going. It may be going to the power switch on the front.

Hi Robert.. how are you? I hope fine..

i will send you some pics of the wiring of mine C+ coliseum 220V

DSCF3657.jpg

DSCF3658.jpg

DSCF3659.jpg

hey ed and david ... huge thanx ! so from I see I can only spot one difference.

going from pic 1, between the 2 red flat things at the side rim of the blue board, between the beige (with marks) and the 2 cables (above each other) on the left of it (one greenish, the other black with CABLE on it):

yours has 1 horizontal bar / bridge that seems to connect these together.

mine has 2 bars both pointing inwards (vertical) thus not connecting them.

is that all it takes to change it from 117 to 234 ? that sounds almost too easy ?

also on a different note ... my limit does not seem to work and does not even make a scratching tone or anything. all cables inside seem ok. what can be the cause ? change the tube ? what kind of tubes would fit there ?

Your welcome Rob!

This is the tube that works with the limiter 6FQ7/6CG7

DSCF3645.jpg

Ed Help me with the limiter too, because mine was desconnected..

this is the wiring before the mod

DSCF3660.jpg

You have to unsolder the red and solder on the second lug.. or vice-versa.

sorry but i can't remeber if is the red or the black one..

Look at this link

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=20205&highlight=

:)
good luck Rob

awesome & thanx again, david ! it seems that the wiring on my limiter is correct. is the limiter really tube-driven ? I could try and change out the tube in that case.

also can somebody confirm if my conclusion on the wiring / rebridging to change from 117 to 234 is correct ? is that all you need to do ? it seems so simple ?

you guys are awesome ! just to make sure ...

a) is the limiter tube driven or not ?
b) are my conclusions on changing voltage correct ?

tubedriven.jpg

Rob, the elliptic signs show the red wire connected to the resistor that is connected to the 6CG7 pin
I'm not a technician but i think they works together

The 6FQ7 is the phase inverter/driver tube along with the 12AT7 that acts as a buffer

for the other question i can't help you, sorry...

It would be best to call Mesa on Monday and ask Mike B. what the voltage is for each taps color. The transformer is much different than the X-101 and I do not think anyone else would have the correct information on an Export Coliseum power transformer.

ok, so first trying to solve the limiter question I got myself a NOS replacement tube, but the limiter still remains "dead". no reaction. according to the seller it functions flawlessly. the wiring appears ok. what else could be the problem ?

Latest posts

Back