Coliseum 300

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

6stax

Reaction score
Hi all just wondering if anyone might know what a Coliseum 300 is worth nowadays.I'm thinking of downsizing since I've been using just my Formula Pre through lower power amps.Thanks

hey,

Awesome amp.... I think in the neighborhood of 1100-1200, maybe +/- depending on the tubes and their usage, and that of the unit.

scott

Yes it is awesome.I had changed the the tubes to EL34s and I think I only used it a few times since then.I do more recording then play out nowadays so its a bit much.I have a Formula pre that I run direct into my rcording rig or into a combo amp.I'll have to think about it I guess.Thanks for the reply

That's an amp you don't see come up for sale too often. If you don't need the space or the cash, I'd hold on to it. A very cool looking piece of gear! You should post some pics...

Scott

A very cool poweramp, and somewhat rare too!..If you could, I would hold onto it(I find it quite fun and toneful to crank my 500 when no ones home every now and then)...u can always pick up a small poweramp anywhere..That 300's a killer amp-make sure you think hard before send her down the road...

$4000 for the coli in the boogie classifieds? lol. only 2 posts from the seller, don't think anyone would buy. last one I saw was like $1500. Seller says its as loud as 2 trip rec. and can power 8 cabs. But no preamp with it, seems like he's pricing it out at 2x trip rec.
Seems a bit crazy. $2k even seems like a lot. but that's me...

scott

The power is two triple rec's, near 200 watts each side. Has speaker outs for two 4 and/or 8 ohm cabs, one output for 16 ohms, so it can run a lot of cabs, five outputs total per side. New it cost $1600, so $800 - $1500 depending on condition and tubes is realistic. Great amp, can run either 6L6 or EL34's, has modern, deep, and half power switching options.

I posted the mesa spec sheet for a coli 300 poweramp in 1999..on that classified add...the strategy 500 is very close in terms of features and power/tone/ect...so its definitely not a 4k amp, even on the 8th day of the week!...it is a great poweramp for sure...and it'll hang the VHT giants- the 2150 & Classic- but not greater or lesser of an amp than these-I can speak accurately on that one- ive got em sittin right in front of me....Id love to own one,but not for 4k?

Yeah, even $1500 is up there. I'd say 1200, maybe. But how are you gonna ask $4000 for a piece of gear and not even taking time to get the minimum 10 posts, or post any pictures of it. At the same time, the seller may hook an uninformed buyer, or someone that is dying to buy a Coli 300. A lot of gear can be bought with $4K.

Scott

thats right!.....to tell ya the truth; I could have 2 mint Mesa MkIIc+'s(the holy grail) for that price and live a happy man! :lol:

THTH said:
The power is two triple rec's, near 200 watts each side. Has speaker outs for two 4 and/or 8 ohm cabs, one output for 16 ohms, so it can run a lot of cabs, five outputs total per side. New it cost $1600, so $800 - $1500 depending on condition and tubes is realistic. Great amp, can run either 6L6 or EL34's, has modern, deep, and half power switching options.
I know this an old thread, but you cant use each output on the power amp at one time. You can only use two or one at a time, for a total of 4 cabs all together.

Latest posts

Back