cnvert a combo to head/mark 4

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildrat666

Reaction score
Hi
I´m new here and I recently became a Mesa boogie mark 4 imbuya combo owner. My question is can i convert this combo to a head instead. the combo weighs a lot. Is it better to sell it and buy a mark 4 head??
are these combos worth a lot, i´m thinking about that it is a imbuya model?

Ya, I personally would'nt mess around with a special order piece like that. Someone will appreciate it, in it's current format!

Ok thanks! were these imbuya combos special orders or what. I thinks it to heavy for my. anyone for a trade hahah

You should sell the combo shell and use the money to get a custom made head shell. Imbuya's too nice a piece of dead brazillian rainforest to just hack into pieces again to cut it shorter :)

If you're comfy with a dovetail jig, make your own, it's fun!! The slightly tricky part would be to replicate the footpedal mount.

The actual metal chassis is easily transferred into a different head cabinet, just as long as the 4 screw holes on top of the shell matches the chassis holes. Does your amp have reverb? Then you'd need to unplug and take out the reverb tank and install it into the new head.

If in doubt, call Mesa. They can sell you a head shell.

Conversion to head is pretty easy. Just don't forget to migrate your reverb tank and fan. It takes about 10 minutes. You should be able to sell you r imbuya and get a head shell and still have money left over. I wouldn't bother buying a new one. There are enough of them floating around. The chassis actually fits in Mark III cabs also provided the new enclosure you are looking at is the same chassis length. It is either short or wide. I got tired of the weight too. I do flip back and forth though from time to time. The EVM in the combo is just an anchor.

Hello wildrat do you still have the mark 4 , have you looked into the shipping costs to Australia , could you send me some pictures if your still intersested in selling it regards Murray. :D

Latest posts

Back