Close halfopen back of my cabinet

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pmb

Reaction score
This weekend, I was trying to close the open part of my cabinet with a piece of wood. The thing is I would like to be able to open and close it whenever I want to. I know mesa used to sell these cabinets with an extra backpart but I was wondering what they used so you could put it on and take it off again.
I can't imagine you had to screw it on and off every time.

I think most people would not take it off and on, so you are in a unique pickle! You are correct in that Mesa sells the backs covered in tolex and all. You might be able to velcro it on, but it kind of defeats the purpose of closing the back because it would not be a tight enclosure. You might be able to get creative and use magnets or something. You'd have to dremmel a recessed area for the magnet to sit on the cab and the back piece you are adding so it would be completely closed when you put the piece to the cab. That would be pretty cool actually! That's all I can come up with... Good luck!

I have a 4x12 halfback from Mesa that has the top part of the halfback closed...but the top is not screwed closed, so it can be easily removed. It is 100% original and the tolex and wood are correct. I swap it around to different cabs 8)

Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 am Post subject:
----
I have a 4x12 halfback from Mesa that has the top part of the halfback closed...but the top is not screwed closed, so it can be easily removed. It is 100% original and the tolex and wood are correct. I swap it around to different cabs

How is your back held in place if it's not screwed in?

I purchased a back for my 4x12 half-back and the back came tolexed with pre-drilled holes. It also included course thread wood screws to hold the back in place.

I've seen rabbit cages that had latches that spin out of the way. There are lots of latches to choose from in hardware stores, but they will all protrude a bit.

If the piece of wood you use is big enough you can hold it in place with a thick plectrum, that's the way I do it for the moment, but I'm searching for a better way. Would the way you hold it in its place change your sound a lot because the pressure inside of your cabinet changes

Tuna141 said:
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 6:57 am Post subject:
----
I have a 4x12 halfback from Mesa that has the top part of the halfback closed...but the top is not screwed closed, so it can be easily removed. It is 100% original and the tolex and wood are correct. I swap it around to different cabs

How is your back held in place if it's not screwed in?

I purchased a back for my 4x12 half-back and the back came tolexed with pre-drilled holes. It also included course thread wood screws to hold the back in place.

It fits tight. I have a hard time getting it off so I made 2 tabs using duct tape. Now I can get it off more easily. :wink:

Oh OK that makes sense. The cab has a lip around the top and the back you ordered just pushes in and fits in tight. Cool!

MusicManJP6 said:
Oh OK that makes sense. The cab has a lip around the top and the back you ordered just pushes in and fits in tight. Cool!

The top back came with the cab. Itneresting fact though, the cab was owned by Anthrax and the 3 other cabs had the same type of top backs. ?

mine has a boogie made top pannel that screws in and is covered in the newer smooth tolex.

boogiestuff002.jpg

Latest posts

Back