CLIPS - Rectoverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SgtThump

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at recording the Rectoverb head.

- Shure SM57 on the G12T75 in my Bogner 4x12" cab
- Mullard RI EL34s
- Tung-Sol RI 12AX7s in v1, v2, v3
- EBMM Axis Super Sport (hardtail) with stock DiMarzios
- Slight reverb added in software after recording

Clippy 1 (vintage high gain) > http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/rectoverb1_vintagegain.mp3
Clippy 2 (raw) > http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/rectoverb3_raw.mp3
Clippy 3 (pushed) > http://www.chrissnider.net/temp/rectoverb2_pushed.mp3

Chris

Thanks guys! This is my first recto and so far, I'm digging it!

Chris

nice clips, thanks for sharing. i liked the last two more. good tone, bass are a bit too boomy though! however, good work.

These 3 clips are very good but to my tastes,I prefer the heavier part of vintage gain.
I like just 2 tones,extremely clean and extremely heavy.
Tastes apart very good clips ! :D

Aramism said:
what are eq settings for first clip vintage gain.

i have rectoverb combo id love to try.

Weeeeeeeellll, I don't remember exactly. but it's something like this:

Channel Volume - 11:00 o'clock
Presence - 9:00
Bass - 11:00/12:00
Middle - 10:00
Treble - 1:00
Gain - 2:00/3:00

Something like that. Pretty basic settings, really. Nothing too out of the ordinary.

Chris

Very nice clips ! Channel 1 pushed sounds amazing. (My most used on my Rectoverb)

Its great to see someone here on these forums play something other than full out death metal....These amps do other things than just massive distortion.

Great licks and playing as well ! You make the Recto sound great.

Sounds great Thump. I liked the Vintage clip with the High gain part. My favorite mode on the single recto. I also liked the raw tone, with the reverb added it sounded sweet. I didn't ever liked the pushed mode on my rectoverb. It always felt like I was fighting the amp for just a little bit more or it wasn't clean enough. Great clips. Thanks.

yohimbe2 said:
Very nice clips ! Channel 1 pushed sounds amazing. (My most used on my Rectoverb)

Its great to see someone here on these forums play something other than full out death metal....These amps do other things than just massive distortion.

Great licks and playing as well ! You make the Recto sound great.

Hey thanks, man! I really appreciate it.

Chris

Mr. Brady said:
Sounds great Thump. I liked the Vintage clip with the High gain part. My favorite mode on the single recto. I also liked the raw tone, with the reverb added it sounded sweet. I didn't ever liked the pushed mode on my rectoverb. It always felt like I was fighting the amp for just a little bit more or it wasn't clean enough. Great clips. Thanks.

Thanks! The vintage high gain is my favorite too, but that "raw" mode can sound very good! It's smoother and would do a GREAT job covering classic rock tones, in my opinion.

Chris

Latest posts

Back