Cleaning the diamond plate?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botch

Reaction score
Does anyone know of any good products to make the diamond plate on Rectos look really shiny?!

The previous owner of my Dual Rec clearly did not clean his and I've not wanted to do it until I knew there was a pruduct out there that would damage it. Thanks!

I have used Fender Metal cleaner that comes in the Fender guitar polish pack. Keeps everything nice and shiny.

P.s what the hell is " Screamo"? I must be getting old.......

i read somewhere in one of the threads to try diamond brite which can be bought from any walmart

I think its sorta the new version of mall metal (Slipknot, Korn, etc.) but without owning up to being metal

I thought I'd chime in, because I've been in the Aluminum business for 20 years.
Do not use a cleaner with Amonia or bleach, it will eat up the finish, and cause it to oxidize.
If it is an anodized finish, and I'm pretty sure it is, then don't use any abraisives either.
The product we reccomend for cleaning shower doors is the regular Comet bathroom cleaner:
http://www.cleanandflush.com/produc...=6&product_category_id=13&product_group_id=28

It's not anodized, so anything you put on it with a grit will either dull it or mildy scratch it. I tried Never Dull once and it left hairlines all over. cleaner wax made it worse. It's seriously not tool box grade. Mesa's suggestion was not to polish it, but use 409 to keep it clean with a soft cloth.

At my place if we have new aluminum we use windex to shine it up before we send it to a customer if it is a older sheet of 4x8 aluminum treadplate we use a chemical called crystaline 747, it is a ethanol based cleaner they make aluminum brighter as well but is is very abrasive or caustic to the finish on treadplate.

And the 747 you have to have a business to purchase and you can only but it by the 55 gal drum, which runs roughly 3 grand a drum

now that is some serious cleaner! What about laqeur thinner? That's what we used to clean metal at the race shop to keep it from rusting. What would that do? Just wondering. Also, what is good to clean the Chrome chassis without taking off the screen printing? Thanks

-AJH

halfdriven said:

Screamo is Emo music with a screamy kinda punk/death metal vocals. like The Used or Emery. that is Screamo.

next ?

Latest posts

Back