Clean Tones: LSC Vs. Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StratRat

Reaction score
Has anyone that's played the new Mark thought to compare the cleans to the LSC? Never really digging the dirt of the LSC I'm hoping to drop it for the Mark V if the clean on the V is up to snuff.

Lets hear some thoughts.

I've not played the Mark V, but someone I know played the amp at NAMM and in his opinion the Mark V cleans are way better than the LSC (I know, I was blown away by that statement). I have a lot of respect for this guy's opinion and have no reason to believe that the Mark V will sound different from what he heard in comparison to the LSC when it comes out.

My RK II is suppose to have the LoneStar cleans, and I think the clean channel on my Mark IV is a lot better.

Lester, Unless your driving back from the shop with the Mark V in the passenger seat, mine is already on order and the LSC is looking up at the axe thats about to fall.

Ah yes I cannot wait until our Q2 2009 Mesa Marathon.

**** it, I'll bring a boogie from work if we want one to compare ;)

It sure sounds sweet...**** I was hoping to avoid the MK V G.A.S. But.....Arrgh :(

Here's a small sample from NAMM.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROjxB0w_4QE

I had both a MKIV and a Lone Star Classic and the Lone Stars cleans were as good or better than my vintage 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb.... The MKIV cleans were not even in the same league IMHO, and many others who heard the two amps live. So... I suppose it all depends on what the benchmark is for your definition of good cleans. Are the MKV cleans similar to the Lone Star Classic cleans or the MKIV cleans? If it is the MKIV cleans.... I'm writing off the MKV. If the MKV has the Lone Star cleans then for me, it might be worth checking out. The MKIV lead channel was very boxy sounding and although excellent for tracking fast runs, was not open sounding and was very disjointed when soloing. If they can open up the lead channel on the MKV and yet maintain the fast tracking of the MKIV while at the same time, give it the Lone Star cleans, then I'll jump for it.

srf399 said:
I had both a MKIV and a Lone Star Classic and the Lone Stars cleans were as good or better than my vintage 1965 Fender Deluxe Reverb.... The MKIV cleans were not even in the same league IMHO, and many others who heard the two amps live. So... I suppose it all depends on what the benchmark is for your definition of good cleans. Are the MKV cleans similar to the Lone Star Classic cleans or the MKIV cleans? If it is the MKIV cleans.... I'm writing off the MKV. If the MKV has the Lone Star cleans then for me, it might be worth checking out. The MKIV lead channel was very boxy sounding and although excellent for tracking fast runs, was not open sounding and was very disjointed when soloing. If they can open up the lead channel on the MKV and yet maintain the fast tracking of the MKIV while at the same time, give it the Lone Star cleans, then I'll jump for it.

I happen to prefer the MKIV cleans for what I play...so I sold my LSC and kept the Mark IV

Howdy Folks.

The Following link answers the question posed quite nicely. :D

http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20090204/533/Mesa_Boogie_Mark_Five_Amp_Demo.aspx

StratRat said:
Howdy Folks.

The Following link answers the question posed quite nicely. :D

http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20090204/533/Mesa_Boogie_Mark_Five_Amp_Demo.aspx
**** you, i was just about to post that :lol:

Latest posts

Back