Clean channel hum on Dual Recto?!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Botch

Reaction score
Hi guys, as the title suggests I've got an annoying hum on the clean channel of my 2 channel dual recto. The 2nd channel is fine but the clean channel has this hum that is even present when my guitar is not plugged in. Has anyone else experienced this or got a solution? The tubes are fairly new and this problem was present with the last set of tubes so I'm confident it can't be them.

Would putting a noise gate/suppressor in the loop help things? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

I notice hum on my clean channel on my Roadster when I've got the output volume at 12oclock and my pre at 12 in 100watt mode.I have a boss noise suppressor and it helps a little at these settings but not a massive change.I just back off one of the two volumes and its cool.What guitar are you using single coil or humbucker?

I'm using humbuckers. If i remember rightly the hum is still there when the guitar isn't plugged in, though i'm not 100% sure about this.

it may be your electricity in the house. try plugging in the amp into different wall sockets around the house. you may find that some have more consistent voltages than others. if this is the case, you'll need a voltage regulator, not a noise suppressor.

Elpelotero said:
it may be your electricity in the house. try plugging in the amp into different wall sockets around the house. you may find that some have more consistent voltages than others. if this is the case, you'll need a voltage regulator, not a noise suppressor.

It's actually at the band's rehearsal space (i don't have the means to bring it home unfortunately as i get the train there). But yeah I'll try this out next practice, the electics in that place do look fairly dodgy so I'm hoping it's only that!

Back