Clean Boost???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KRANK

Reaction score
Please don't think I'm too stupid but could someone please explain what a clean boost is. Does it just mean to use the distortion pedal without turning up the gain on it? I have a single Recto that I just love the distortion on, but I want to tighten it up a bit. I have read that if I add a clean boost it would get me what I want. Any insight and how to's would be greatly appreciated.

A clean boost is just as it is named. It boosts the signal without adding any itneligible distortion on it's own. It works wonders in front of a tube amp (if a hot input to the amp is the type of thing you are looking for). I use one to boost up clean solos and also to kick distorted lead solo's in the pants.
The clean boost that I use is a Carl Martin Hot Drive N' Boost, but I know there are others out there that work great (I am thinking Fulltone, but I also used to use a TS-10 Tube Screamer with the gain turned all the way up and the drive (distortion) setting turned all the way down.

Latest posts

Back