Class-A ...newly discovered love. Do you have it?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Warning: MKIII devotion alert ...I love this amp!

OK, that out of the way, I have been playing this (greenie) head now pretty regularly for months on end and really have grown immense respect/love for its versatility as much as its killer tone. But I've been in the SimulClass mode this entire time. So just recently I "discovered" Mesa's Mark Class A and its richness! Clean is nice and breaks up just a bit sooner, but chimey and beautiful. But the biggest difference is in the Lead mode where the OD seems less "edgy" and less "in your face" with just a tad less bite. Not to mention I can get it at lower volumes. AND, cleaning up with the guitar vol knob results in a nicer "off clip" tone in this mode than in Simul. I like it!! Don't get me wrong: I love the power and punch of Simul, especially in some raunchy OD. But anyone else discover (or gig) in the Class-A mode? I may just do this more often.
:)

Edward

I love the class a mode also. When I play rock stuff, and when I gig with my rock band, I use class a, rhythm 1 channel set to the dirty side of clean, and then I use a zvex super hardon in front to boost into the full on gain territory. class a is all I use for rock stuff

Latest posts

Back