choices

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Amps

• Mk1

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mk 2c+

• Mk 4

• Mk1 and Mk2c+

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Captian Chaos

Reaction score
I'm moving on my rectoverb cos the DC-3 has won my heart. but I need another amp. here are my option

Mark 4
Mark 2C+
Mark 1

these are available. What d'you reckon? I'm tempted to go all out and have the 2c+ and mark1.

I can't make my mind up so thought I'd get you guys to make it up for me!!

I do everything from some jazz type stuff through to rock no metal. Santana, hendrix, u2, nirvana etc. Also do the odd bit of blues stuff.

So u need versatility in our amp and that's why I'll tell you to take the Mark IV which has 3 almost separate channels ...

Heh DROR

see your point how about though having a mrk2 and a Mk1 thats give three channels and a bad back? :)

I think it's a shame you are passing on a Mark III. I think it is a good choice for what you are covering.
My Mark III (green stripe) is very versitile, it covers everything for me and we seem to play the same styles.
I think the Mark IV comes in a bit heavy towards the new rock/metal sound and you may not be playing those tones at all.
I am not voting yet....

Captian Chaos said:
Can't find a mark three in uk at the mo!! :(

sorry! One thing I really like about my Mark III is how I can get the balls out deep full cranked bottem end and strong kickin punch of the Marshall stack with just it and the Thiele cab. My mates are always impressed with its capabilities because it will spin right around (three channels) and sound Fender blackface (with plenty of headroom) "clean" sound.

i wish you well.

Captian Chaos said:
Heh DROR

see your point how about though having a mrk2 and a Mk1 thats give three channels and a bad back? :)

I didn't think about that option ... if you can afford it ... so ya !!!

If you're looking at that IIC+ on ebay at the moment I'm suspicious it's a fraud. Note no feedback, and the stuff about the cabinets is a bit odd. Be on your guard.

cheers meson. the guy does seem a muppet wont answer any questions. I have three mk4's I'm looking at so its looking to be a mark 4 currently.

Latest posts

Back