check out my new halfback 4x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
this is what it looked like when i took it out of the box.
(picture modified thanks to HCAF :lol: )
ownedcabtp5.jpg

the seller took it to a ups store. they charged him 200 bucks to basicly throw it in a 2 ply box and cover it in popcorn and ship it.
yikes.
can't believe it made it all the way from AZ in one piece :shock:

i can't play it till later tonight though...

Restless Rocks said:
Dude! Sweet........ you should just set your master on 6 and power chord those peanuts out of the grill :D

Yeah, that would be fun, but then you would have chase those things down in your practice area...... :shock:

Does anybody know how to figger out what the year of manufacture is on one of these old cabs? I bought one recently and am curious. Mine has the solid lettering rather than the lettering type on the image above. There is no serial number on the cab, but each speaker has a serial number. Celestion Black Shadows are on top and ElectroVoice is below. It only runs mono.

A long time ago somebody posted the Mesa brochure from '84. It looks very similar to the cabinets in there.

That's pretty lame about the peanuts. How much was it?

yep I agree turn the amp up to 6 and blas those outta there,but then again you may get the cops round,those cabs are loud!!!!!!

If the peanuts were smaller I would say go for it but I think that they may get lodged between the grille and the speaker even if you are blasting it.

Jim
Congrats! The cabinet is in awesome shape I use to own one myself and like a brain-dead idiot I sold it. Mine was loaded with the Black Shadows on top and EV’s on the bottom, also had the piece to close off the top speakers. Such a versatile cabinet!

Pink Peanuts, common. Who packed that?

Great cab.

I would blast away the nuts as stated above, just for fun. I'm sure only a few will hold their skirts down. Get a screwdriver on those slutz.

OC...joking

8)

Back