channel switching advice for Roadster

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2CDR

Reaction score
Hi gang, i use a JOYO PXL PRO to channel switch my revG and it works fine , no issues.. but for what ever reason i cannot get it and my Roadster to play nice.. i use all four triggers on the pxl into all four external channel switching inputs on the back of the Roadster, no joy.. either i am too stupid to understand the joyo instructions or they just simply dont like one another... i need 1 button changes, channel and effects etc, so what are other options that wont break the bank, OR can someone assist me with what i have. any help/advice is much appreciated.
369781847_10159362901141898_830095135433114564_n.jpg

Do you have the Roadster’s Ch Select switch set to ‘Footswitch’?

What exactly is the amp doing that makes you say they don’t play nice?

How are you connecting them? I tried to download the PXL manual but I’m getting a Java script error.

Are the connections on the PXL 4 isolated relays using 4 separate TS (mono) cables?

Do you have the Roadster’s Ch Select switch set to ‘Footswitch’? (YES)

What exactly is the amp doing that makes you say they don’t play nice? (More my way of saying i cant figure it out..

How are you connecting them? I tried to download the PXL manual but I’m getting a Java script error. (THE MANUAL IS HARD TO FOLLOW, FOR ME AT LEAST AND IS MORE THAN LIKELY ME NOT UNDERSTANDING AS TO WHY I CANT GET IT TO WORK.)

Are the connections on the PXL 4 isolated relays using 4 separate TS (mono) cables? (YES, FOUR TRIGGERS ,FOUR MONO CABLES FROM THE PXL TO EACH EXTERNAL CHANNEL ON ROADSTER)

Attachments

• PXL-PRO.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 0
Well that’s not much of a manual…. And it is very confusing on how those triggers actually work.

It’s not clear if the relays are setup for channel switching logic where only one trigger will be active at one time. Last thing you want is two or more external channel triggers activated at the same time.

Do you own a multi-meter? You can use that to see if the relays in the PXL are working as expected/required.

Well that’s not much of a manual…. And it is very confusing on how those triggers actually work.

It’s not clear if the relays are setup for channel switching logic where only one trigger will be active at one time. Last thing you want is two or more external channel triggers activated at the same time.

Do you own a multi-meter? You can use that to see if the relays in the PXL are working as expected/required.
its switches my revG with no issues and was easy to set up. i think ill upgrade to something that is more capable . one button changes is a must for me.

Big difference between your 2-ch Rev G and the 4-ch Roadster. The 2-ch only needs ‘on’ & ‘off’ with one relay to switch channels. The Roadster is more complicated and needs 4 independent ‘on/off’ states where only one of those can/would be active at a time.

I understand about the one-button change being a must, my rig would never be usable without that kind of control.

https://boogieforum.com/threads/stereo-tc-100-rig.87239/

Big difference between your 2-ch Rev G and the 4-ch Roadster. The 2-ch only needs ‘on’ & ‘off’ with one relay to switch channels. The Roadster is more complicated and needs 4 independent ‘on/off’ states where only one of those can/would be active at a time.

I understand about the one-button change being a must, my rig would never be usable without that kind of control.

Understood. i got the PXL years ago to use with the G and it works perfect for that.. and my understanding(which could well be wrong) is the PXL can do what i need with the Roadster, but i found nothing to back this up.. this is why i am leaning towards a better looper/switcher to be able to utilize the Roadsters four channels.. just wanted to see if other far more knowledgeable peeps could work out how to make use of what i have before i decide to drop more money.. Thanks for your feedback/help/assistance. =)

Actually needs only three as the channel one is default when no channel relays are shorted.

I used Gigboard to control my roadster and it was pretty solid. The GB was just pretty slow to change the channels and midi.. took some considerable amount of msecs to actually make change from preset to other 🤣 but channel changing worked properly. And the thing had the TRS jack in it. So it is possible with PLX i think..

Actually needs only three as the channel one is default when no channel relays are shorted.

I used Gigboard to control my roadster and it was pretty solid. The GB was just pretty slow to change the channels and midi.. took some considerable amount of msecs to actually make change from preset to other 🤣 but channel changing worked properly. And the thing had the TRS jack in it. So it is possible with PLX i think..
just need to work out how lol. not sure if i need to be using all 4 triggers or three...

just need to work out how lol. not sure if i need to be using all 4 triggers or three...
Three would be enough. Channel one is selected when there are no shorted channel selects. With one extra relay one could use the solo function ⭐

Edit: Green light is not lit but it works still normally…

Checked the manual..

Should work for channels if triggers are set as latched and has same polarity.

Manual was a bit challenging for a non-native English speaker 🤣

Checked the manual..

Should work for channels if triggers are set as latched and has same polarity.

Manual was a bit challenging for a non-native English speaker 🤣
Mate, the manual is a bit challenging for me... appreciate your feedback. ill keep trying. so are you saying i only need to use three triggers/leads ? and if so 123 or 234 or wont matter ? really do appreciate your help.

Mate, the manual is a bit challenging for me... appreciate your feedback. ill keep trying. so are you saying i only need to use three triggers/leads ? and if so 123 or 234 or wont matter ? really do appreciate your help.

Well I would try (trigger -> roadster):
- 1 -> ch2
- 2 -> ch3
- 3 -> ch4
- 4 -> solo (or reverb or fx)

Amp channel selector set to ft sw.
triggers set to latching and polarity with personal preference.

If you’re unsure, test with adding one trigger cable at a time and isolating the “f*ck around - find out” first to triggers only and after you got those around your head try adding the effects to play also.

Separation of concerns helps when something is working against one’s expectations 😅

Last edited:
Well I would try (trigger -> roadster):
- 1 -> ch2
- 2 -> ch3
- 3 -> ch4
- 4 -> solo (or reverb or fx)

Amp channel selector set to ft sw.
triggers set to latching and polarity with personal preference.

If you’re unsure, test with adding one trigger cable at a time and isolating the “f*ck around - find out” first to triggers only and after you got those around your head try adding the effects to play also.

Separation of concerns helps when something is working against one’s expectations 😅
Thank you so much for your help/advice. i will let you know how this goes. really appreciate your time.

just a quick sample. nothing fancy

Attachments

• PXL PRO ROADSTER.mp4
    8.7 MB
Back