Channel switching a quad preamp through midi.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vette1992

Reaction score
I was just wondering the best route for connecting a quad preamp-g-force-2:90, and having it function like a triaxis... I need an easy setup to use, i like my triaxis setup because i run one cable to my rack to control everything....

I want to get this same functionality out of the quad preamp, and the axxess cfx4 supposedly wont do it....

And, i want to be able to use my abacus pedalboard for this if at all possible, not strict about this, just hoping...

Anyone have any info on their current set-ups, i would appreciate it greatly....

Thanks...

The midi controller won't really matter, but if you want midi control over the Quad, you will probably need to use an RJM Amp Gizmo since the Axess blows relays.

Another way would be to run a 1/4" cable from each mode/function you wish to control to a GCX loop. That's how I am switching my preamps/modes right now.

mJ

Something like a Rockman MIDI Octopus would let you control all the Quad switching capabilities from any MIDI controller.

do a search on google for a amp midi controller. there is a company that makes them for different amps, and they could make you one for your quad.

4nkam said:
The midi controller won't really matter, but if you want midi control over the Quad, you will probably need to use an RJM Amp Gizmo since the Axess blows relays.

Another way would be to run a 1/4" cable from each mode/function you wish to control to a GCX loop. That's how I am switching my preamps/modes right now.

mJ

I SECOND THE AMP GIZMO... LETS YOU CONTROL 8 FUNCTIONS WHICH IS FOUR MORE THAN THE AXESS CFX4 AND ITS CHEAPER THAN BUYING 2 CFX4S.... I FIND IT EASIER TO USE AS WELL

Latest posts

Back