changing cabs

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatoni

Reaction score
i have a mkiv and a 112 widebody. i just feel the need for something new. i want something that has tighter more prominent mids to upper mids. what cabs would project better and cut without having to be cranked?

don't really know how to help you.. i had the same setup (mk iv wide + 1x12) and recently switched to a vert halfback 2x12" with c90 in the open top and ms-12 in the sealed/ported bottom. i felt like my lows were a bit too flubby/boomy before and i'm happier with this setup now. i find the open c90 to already be fairly prominent in the mids, especially with the mark voicing..

maybe try something with a sealed back?

What kind of 1x12 cab do you have? I just bought an Orange 1x12 and with the Mark IV it sounds so tight and articulate I can't even explain it. I actually prefer the sound of it over either of my rectifier cabs.

Keep in mind getting a different cab won't necessarily allow you to keep it quieter for a similar tone... it may even have the opposite effect.

What would you consider "cranked"? Because each person's idea of loud is different.

Try this: Run Rhythm 1 channel at volume 3, and set your output to volume 3. Run the power amp simul-class, triode and set tweed power. Try that out, I was doing this last night I had a great tone. It was pretty loud, but not painfully so. Is this too loud for you?

EDIT: Also, set your R1 input gain all the way to 10, pushed.

im not too concerned with volume, i just dont want any recommendations because of the cabs volume. ill check into orange, im just looking improved mids and overall tone. if i can hear it, its loud enough as long as what i hear is something i like

fatoni said:
im not too concerned with volume, i just dont want any recommendations because of the cabs volume. ill check into orange, im just looking improved mids and overall tone. if i can hear it, its loud enough as long as what i hear is something i like

Well the Orange cab has a very pronounced mid-range. I think it sounds great

mrd said:
fatoni said:

Well the Orange cab has a very pronounced mid-range. I think it sounds great

Orange makes great speaker cabs!

Latest posts

Back