Change combo to head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rick297

Reaction score
Does any one know who can supply a cabinet to house the MK5 amp if I split it out of the combo .

Thought the MKV is wider than any previous Mark amp.
Want to do this myself. Alas the curse of UK prices is keeping me from ordering from a dealer. There is a guy in the UK that makes headshells to order. Who can be found through the Ampmaker site, called Cabs By Chris.
I also heard a rumour that Matamp will make a headshell and a 1x12 cab for around £300. That was years ago though. I donn't know if it's still that way. UK again, sorry.

Fallen right out of love with that C90 speaker. I can't stop trying to compensate for the 1x12 sound by whacking the bass up and all the time I know it's wrong and limiting my options.
Plugging into my old 800 cab sounds divine, perfect. But I can't lug both that and a combo to gigs.

Get the dimensions of a Mark V head. Bring your amp to a local wood worker and have him build you one based on your combo. It's not that hard.

The Mark IVb (widebody) cabinet may not fit the Mark V chassis. You can swap a Mark IVb into the shell for a Mark V but not the other way around. The chassis of the Mark V requires more clearance at the front of the amp chassis on the bottom as the metal is not straight, it is angled. You will have to cut or modify the wood behind the face plate so it will fit. Chassis uses same mounting holes so it will fit with some slight modification. I had both amps at one time and converted my Mark V head to a combo and attempted to install it into the Mark IVb cabinet. The Mark IVb chassis fit the head quite easily.

Latest posts

Back