Chandler OD and LSS reverb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dononelson

Reaction score
I'm playing around with a mid-80's Chandler Tube Driver, and I find that when I engage the OD it sounds as if I had turned the reverb level to full on :shock: (In reality, the reverb is at about 9 o'clock). The only other thing in the effects loop is a volume pedal, which is before the OD. Has anyone else experienced this multiplying effect when using an external OD? If so, were you able to figure out why it's happening, and how to "fix" it? I like the reverb level where it is when playing clean, but it's way too much with the pedal on, and the LSS doesn't exactly make it easy to adjust the reverb on the fly.

Any thoughts?

Don

Drive pedals, ie; OD and distortion, do not go in the loop. Only ambient effects go in the loop ie; chorus, delay, and reverb. That volume pedal is ok in the loop. Drive pedals go into the front of the amp. Yes, this requires more cables. Problem solved. I'd like to see that silver tolexed LSS. :mrgreen:

dononelson said:
The only other thing in the effects loop is a volume pedal, which is before the OD.

I stopped reading as soon as I read this. Like Plan-X said, an overdrive pedal should not go in the effects loop. If you take a minute to think about how an overdrive pedal works, it makes total sense.

Now about that volume pedal... :) It can either go in front of everything, in between the overdrive pedal and your amp, or in the loop. It will respond differently in each place, depending on what channel your amp is on and whether or not the overdrive pedal is on.

Latest posts

Back