CFX4 to switch MKIV (cable related)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lights Out

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have found a CFX4 (used) Im planning to use it on my Boogie MKIV
I just need to know some things.
Are the all pretty much similar ? hoping that it will switch my amp.

And the guy dosen't have the specific cables for the MKIV as Mario sells.
Can i pretty much get them made anywhere ?

Thanks

my singer uses a CFX4 to switch his recto. It works FLAWLESSLY. The setup can be a little frustrating because you have to switch it off and on a lot, but once you get past that, it works wonders.

you can get the cable from Mario on his website, or, just use 1/4" regular cables.

the cfx4 allows you to turn whatever efx unit you have into a midi channel switcher and it remembers all the presets. it does everyone you are hoping it will do, assuming you know how to plug everything in. :D

I use this on my MkIV - I just use three 1/4" cables - works like a champ!

Someone on another forum said something along the lines of
having to mod the CFX4 to work with different amps.

Does anyone know about this ?

Maybe with others, but it works great with the MkIV out of the box...

I agree with one of the earlier posters - it is a little confusing to get it set up initially, but after that it's good to go...

Ok thindave .
Just trying to understand , do you use the "special cable"
What is special about it , is it something different than standard cables
or just use standard guitar cables ?

Yeah I'm also wondering about the custom Axess cable. I assume that since the CFX4 only has 4 relays, the cable allow you to plug one cable from the axess into the footswitch jack, and controller R1, R2, Lead and EQ?

(Note that according to Axess' site, you need to have the device modified for this cable to work. Anyone know why or what they do?).

A slightly related question. If you have the footswitch plugged in to the head, can you also plug into an external latching footswitch into the EQ jack to use in parallell with the footswitch? I think it would be nice to be able to use the CFX4 to program in presets with/without the EQ, but also have a real footswitch to over-ride and pull the EQ in or out on the fly (like when I want to boost for a solo). Has anyone tried this?

No, I don't use the special cable - just 3 plain old 1/4" cables wired to R1, R2 & Lead switching jacks...

Lights Out said:
Ok thindave .
Just trying to understand , do you use the "special cable"
What is special about it , is it something different than standard cables
or just use standard guitar cables ?

I just bought one with the special cable. The special cable gets you the ability to program everything the Mark IV footswitch does.... Lead/EQ / Lead/ R2/ R1 / Effects Loop / EQ on-off

My first post here in Boogie Boards but I hope this answers your question.

I strongly recommend getting the cable from Mario.
You`d have all the switching possibilities with the clean setup of 1 cable.

Back