Celestion V30's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I have 2 Celestion V30's (each 8 OHMs) that I have sitting here and I'm thinking of getting a fairly inexpensive cab to put them in. My question/concern is with the speakers being 8 OHMS each I can really only wire them parallel producing a 4 OHM load. My .50 Caliber + amp has two 4 OHM jacks and one 8 OHM jack so I am good there, but what will my 2 Cel V30's sound at 4 OHMS in comparison to the way they would sound being wired at 8 OHMS?

Is there a huge difference here? I'm kinda new at the different speaker wiring options...I use my amp for a metal rhythm tone just as an FYI...

Any advise would be great, thanks.

If you wire them in parallell which gives you 4 ohms, just connect the cab to the 4 ohm output alone. If you wire them in series which gives you 16 ohm, and connect the cab to the 8 ohm output, you will need to push the amp a bit harder. It won't hurt your amp. But you might notice it sounds slightly different.

I would try both, and see what I prefer. It's very easy to do.

Tony

Right, didn't think of that! Yeah that may work, I do like how my 8 OHM Cel V30 sounds plugged into my 4 OHM jack (combo) so wired at 16 ohms plugged into my 8 ohm jack may have a similar effect.

Cool, thanks Tony.

Latest posts

Back