• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Carvin "California Carved Top" w/Breeds/PLEK'd

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VLJ

Reaction score
In an effort to buy my wife and I some time to find some income I'm selling off ALL my music gear. Not looking for trades.

"Envy" here was $1700 when I bought her new in 2004 and with the addition of the Breed pickups, the shielding and other electronics work and the set up/PLEK work done by Gary Brawer in San Francisco I'm now into her over $2k.

She's in perfect condition. Zero fretwear, obviously, with stainless steel frets. Having just recently gotten PLEK'd, well, this is very easily the finest playing instrument I've ever played. Even before the PLEK work she was already better than 99% of the guitars out there but after having received the PLEK work she now completely ruins anything I've ever played for consistent playability.

Best playing and best sounding guitar I've ever laid hands on, bar none. Functionally she's perfect and cosmetically she might as well still be new. There's not a scratch to be found on her. She's never been gigged and she's been babied her whole life.

In fact, she's the only item I won't "undersell." We HAVE to sell all my gear, just to buy us a couple months more time with the mortgage and other bills. Doesn't matter. "Envy" will at least have to fetch a fair price or I won't let her go.

$1475, including payment by PayPal and insured shipping to the Lower 48. Local pick up and cash payment....$1400.

Here are the particulars...

-Two piece mahogany body, gloss finish

-Two piece "10 Top" quilted maple in Deep Triple Step Green

-Two piece mahogany set in neck, moderate "C" profile, contoured neck heel, satin finish

-Graphite nut

-1 11/16" nut width

-14" straight radius rosewood fretboard

-Abalone fret marker blocks

-22 medium jumbo stainless steel 6105 frets PLEK'd and then polished and dressed by Gary Brawer in San Francisco

-Sperzel USA locking tuners

-Dunlop strap locks

-Deeply recessed into the body Tune-O-Matic string through body fixed "M" bridge

-DiMarzio "Breed" (Breed F spaced Bridge and Breed standard spaced Neck) pickups in cream color

-Complete body cavity and control cavity shielding job

-500k CTS pots replaced the Carvin pots

-Gold "Carvin" headstock logo

-Gold pickup bezels

-Gold hardware

-Gold transparent "Speed" knobs

-Tone knob is push/pull for coil tapping for both pickups

-Custom color matched padded leather Carvin guitar strap

-Carvin tweed guitar case with plush brown lining

371_100_0625_1.jpg

371_100_0628_1.jpg

371_100_0629_1.jpg

371_100_0630_1.jpg

371_100_0631_1.jpg

371_100_0635_1.jpg

371_100_0634_1.jpg

100_0633.jpg

100_0632.jpg

Now up on e-bay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320172605493&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

I just re-listed her with a drastically reduced Buy It Now price and I'm also accepting offers now...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=320175177633&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=011

Re-listed her tonight with a drastically reduced Buy It Now price of only $1195 and I'm also accepting offers...

New pics added, including much bigger and brighter pics. Also I've included a few links which thoroughly describe the PLEK process...

Back