Carbon Copy volume drop vid

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I tried my friends Carbon Copy thru my Mark V's loop and the volume dropped as well, no matter how I set it. I decided it wasn't the delay for me. I won a Boss DD-7 on ebay a month ago and finally received it 2 days ago. I put it in the loop and when I tested to see if there was anything wrong, nothing. No volume drop and it has some great delays. Even the Analog model is pretty great, and I can't complain about the 40second looper for some fun improv. jams. It is a great delay pedal and I haven't noticed any tone suckage. Lots of people love the TC electronics nova delay, might want to try that.

Gotta be the pedal doing that, maybe because its true bypass and not buffered? something like that? I have the opposite problem really in I find the loop too hot and it distorts quite badly on anything approaching noon on the send level, can be dialled out though.

Weird. I run mine through the loop of a 5:25 head and it is extremely transparent. If anything, I get a slight increase in volume, but rolling back the mix fixes that. I have the mix at about 2:30. What are your settings?

bobby wasabi said:
Weird. I run mine through the loop of a 5:25 head and it is extremely transparent. If anything, I get a slight increase in volume, but rolling back the mix fixes that. I have the mix at about 2:30. What are your settings?
I don't get the drop in my mark IV. No matter where I have the mix set it happens. I have the loop at noon in the vid

primeholy said:
bobby wasabi said:
I don't get the drop in my mark IV. No matter where I have the mix set it happens. I have the loop at noon in the vid

Curious...

Any other pedal in the loop dropping volume like that?
Does the pedal work up front or you get the same drop there as well?

Try dropping the effects loop level a touch ...it will equalize the volume with loop on or off much better when using the CC

Hey there,

I had the Boss DD-5 and it killed my tone. I ran out and bought the TC electronics Nova Delay and it's pure perfection. Sounds crystal clear and adds tons of depth.

I'd recommend it to anyone.

I read this topic the other day and had an instant flash back. The carbon copy did this on my Mark IV and I had a Mark V on the way!

Just got the Mark V and yep first thing huge drop like the one in the video you posted. The only way I was able to fix this problem on both amps (besides buying a new pedal) was have each channel volume set to 11 or below, and drive the amp with the main overall volume. This worked on both amps very well. Apart from a slight coloring of the sound common with most pedals everything was very solid sounding.

It did take a while to get the tone the way I like it though for the IV and I just got the V today getting great results so far. I do plan to buy a different delay though since you guys are saying with other delays this isnt an obstacle.

Give it a shot hope it works for ya
thanks
Mike

I use a Carbon Copy in my loop and love it.

The volume does drop slightly but I love the tone and sound. Def not "tone sucking".

primeholy said:
If some have no problems and some do, what could it be?

try another delay or pedal in the loop and see if you get the same thing. if so, it could be the loop...if not, i'd think it was the pedal.

we've seen different versions of the same pedal not work with one thing or another.

jb's 52 said:
primeholy said:
If some have no problems and some do, what could it be?

try another delay or pedal in the loop and see if you get the same thing. if so, it could be the loop...if not, i'd think it was the pedal.

we've seen different versions of the same pedal not work with one thing or another.

I dont have another delay pedal. The only pedal I have to run in the loop is my looper. How would a phaser sound in the loop?

Ok. My small stone and my lpb1 do the same thing in the loop. Any sugestions, or is it just something I have to live with?

primeholy said:
Ok. My small stone and my lpb1 do the same thing in the loop. Any sugestions, or is it just something I have to live with?

Could it be V6? That's the effects return stage.
I would think it'd affect ch3 as well, but I ain't an expert.

Back