Can't you rackmount a MKIII?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mesanoob

Reaction score
I have a simul-class MKIII and I'm interested in possibly rackmounting it. Isn't there some sort of kit or something you can buy to do that?

Also, I have another question about effects units. I'm thinking about maybe getting a G-major.. would that be able to change channels on the MKIII? I mean, would I be able to control both the amp and effects unit from a midi pedalboard?

Thanks!

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I have the short head by the way.

To be sure, measure the width of just the chassis, not including the cabinet. The width should be 17".

The G-Major would be able to, but it would need a stereo splitter (to connect to the G-Major) and two mono 1/4" cables. You connect one relay/cable to the lead/rhythm switch, and the other to the R1/R2 switch.

Boogiebabies said:
This is easy,

1. Yes, but Mesa has discontinued the rackmount and they show up on E-Bay all the time.

It's still on Mesa's website....

http://store.yahoo.com/mesa/cbrackitnof.html

Why wouldn't you build (or have one built for you) a custom pedal board just for the Mark III? You could have the plugs such that they plug into the standard 1/4 plug sockets. This way if your G-Major ever quit you could still control your amp. I heard that the G-Major was built pretty cheaply. In some reviews I read the knobs fall off from casual use. I gave up on rack stuff a long time ago. I still have some rack stuff but I don't like to use it anymore. I am finding more satisfaction from analog pedal style effects. I figure it's all good because to replace a battery in a pedal is way easier than having to gut your rack and take apart the component just to access the battery.

Yes, provided you have a head cabinet handy or even a combo cabinet. The key is it must be a short head or combo cabinet. I have an extra head cabinet. Want it? It is for a Mark series short chassis but doesn't have the mounts for the FU-3 like the Mark IV cabinet normally does. I just swapped into a normal Mark IV head cabinet. The extra cabinet I have fits the Mark IV fine, but like I said it doesn't have the mounts for the FU-3.

Latest posts

Back