Can you do this? TA 2:90 Help!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigMesa

Reaction score
I just unpacked my TA/2:90 from storage to get ready to sell and there is a problem with side A. If I use the instrument selector switch and plug straight in to the 2:90 with my guitar it is loud and clean. If I switch it back and run the guitar through the TA to the 2:90 is has extremely low volume out of the cabinet on side A, Side B works just fine. I know it's not tube related (preamp or power amp) or cable related. I don't think it would be the TA because I just got it back from Mesa a couple months ago to have a noisey transformer and some segmented LED's replaced and it got a clean bill of health at that time.

The Question is....can I put headphones in the TA's output and test to see if I'm getting proper volume out of the TA in each output without causing damage to the TA?

First switch cable connection from channel A and B between the TA and the 2:90. If the volume on side A stay low, it's not your TA.

I feel like an idiot. I really need to go through my cables as I found that I had two bad cables....one was in the rig, one I tested with lol. Third time is a charm and everything is working 100% again, thx!

Latest posts

Back