Can you clear something up for me? Re Roadster...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a question about the rectifier tracking on the roadster.

I was reading the manual last night - I don't have it with me now so I can't quote it directly but what I got from it was that the recto-tracking
automatically selects the silicon diodes when I switch the amp to 100 watts.

Is this right?

I sort of thought that one rectification tube would be working in 50 watts and both the rectification tubes would be working when the amp is running at 100 watts. That is, unless I flick the switch to diode rectification on the back, in which case the diodes will be working in both 50 and 100 watts. Is there no option to have tube rectification at 100 watts?

Randall Smith said:
Each channel features the ability to choose between the saggy bounce of the 5U4 Rectifier Tubes or the tight, bold authority of the Silicon Diodes. Selecting RECTO-TRACKING brings on-line one 5U4 when in 50 watts and two 5U4s when 100 watts is selected.

thanks phyrexia - that's what I thought happened. I remember reading that in one section of the manual. It was just in this other bit that it became confusing. I'll have to try and remember to bring the manual into work tomorrow so that I can quote it...

Then again I could just be happy with the answer that I want and let it go...

Ahhhh! The internet! Somebody's thinking.

Ok so here's the bit that had me worried:

The Rectifier Tracking feature monitors the Channels, determines their power status and automatically selects the proper rectifier
type - which ultimately assures the best sound. This provides optimization of the power settings, delivering a magical tube-rectified
power-sag vibe for the channel set to 50 watts - and a tighter, bolder 100 watts of diode-rectified authority for the channel set to full
power.

The bit the you quoted is further down the page. I must of missed that part after getting stressed about the whole no-tube-rectification-at-100-watts bit.

Thanks! :D

Latest posts

Back