Can the slave out jack be used for headphones?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Natman

Reaction score
Sometimes I really wish I could use headphones for playing at night on my Blue Angel. Can headphones somehow be used in the slave out?

No. It's dangerous to the amp and it will sound terrible.

First, you *must* have a proper load on the output, you cannot simply disconnect the speaker. If you don't want it to make a noise, you need a dummy load, or an attenuator with this function (most do). Then you will need a speaker emulator to give you a 'guitar speaker' sound though the headphones, or it will sound like a DI'd fuzz box. Oddly, there are very few attenuators that also have this function - the only one I know of is the Koch Loadbox. (And even that only after some searching!)

Or you could do it with more than one piece of kit, a straightforward attenuator and some sort of headphone amp with speaker emulation, e.g. a digital modeller set to clean (no amp model) and just the cab simulator left on. At this point it's almost not worth bothering with a tube amp though.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p5197.m570.l1313&_nkw=line+6+pocket+pod&_sacat=See-All-Categories

Latest posts

Back