can the mark III be modded to have a "solo boost"?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
i've seen a c+ on ebay that had a solo knob on the back that i'm assuming was footswitchable. it was a long head and the knob was where the reverb pot hole is.
anyone know if that can be done to a mark III?
i love that my stiletto ace has the footswitchable solo boost, and it would be awesome to have on my mark III as well.
the best i can do now is get an eq in the loop, set it flat, and pump the level up a bit.

Wow if there is a mod for this someone please tell us how. I do the eq trick right now but a solo feature would be great :!:

An easy way to provide a boost is by controlling what goes from the preamp stage to the poweramp stage. I have a pedal from Award Session here in the UK that sits in the in the effects loop. The basic operation is that it cuts the volume between the pre and power amp stages during your rhythm playing and then switches to allow the the 'full' volume through for the solo. The volume difference between rhythm and solo can be adjusted to suit. See the link below for further info.
http://www.award-session.com/solobooster.html
Ian

This does that, too.

http://psionicaudio.com/main/lumos.htm

Also - it's remote controlled and Lyle will make one that's matched to your loop's impedance. Mk. III send is 5k, return is 50k.

I reckon something COULD be built into the Mk. III that'd do the same thing. But you'd have to give up foot-switchability of another function methinks. Or find some power somewhere for a relay or opto...

JimAnsell said:
i've seen a c+ on ebay that had a solo knob on the back that i'm assuming was footswitchable. it was a long head and the knob was where the reverb pot hole is.
anyone know if that can be done to a mark III?
i love that my stiletto ace has the footswitchable solo boost, and it would be awesome to have on my mark III as well.
the best i can do now is get an eq in the loop, set it flat, and pump the level up a bit.

Was it this amp?

DSC03385.jpg

I took a peek inside to see how it was wired up. It hooks to the master 1 pot and uses a LDR for the footswitching. It works great, without any pop or cut-out when switching. Mike B. can hook you up if you want to spend the cash.

I would just try a good clean boost at the end of your effects chain, right before the return jack. :D

All you need to do is put any effects processor in the loop. Set the output for your rythmn sound setting at say, 75% and program a setting for your leads at say 85% or more. This will increase the actual volume for you during solos, when you call up the solo patch.

Latest posts

Back