Can some just check...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom_cheats

Reaction score
that ive wired this in right, im a first time boogie owner of a 2 channel dual recto and absolutely thrilled but obvs newbie cautious can someone tell me if the tube removal is right aswell (the seller did it so he could use it indoors) i just wanna make sure their removed as they should be
photo160.jpg

photo162q.jpg

getattachmentaspxobz.jpg

many thanks! :D

Everything looks good to go! If you are using the Rectifier Tubes while at half power, you can go ahead and remove one (doesn't matter which) as well. So you would have 2 power tubes and one rectifier tube in total.

Enjoy your new Recto!

If you cut it down to 50 watts and its a 16 ohm speaker cabinet the best way would be to connect it to the 8 ohm speaker jack on the head.
I did the same, but I have a 8 ohm cab so I connected it to the 4 ohm speaker jack.

Like fluff191 said you can remove one of the recitifier tubes if you want. Doesn't hurt to leave both in. It just adds more sag with 2 versus 1 if you are using rectifier tubes.

njsurf said:
If you cut it down to 50 watts and its a 16 ohm speaker cabinet the best way would be to connect it to the 8 ohm speaker jack on the head.
I did the same, but I have a 8 ohm cab so I connected it to the 4 ohm speaker jack.

Like fluff191 said you can remove one of the recitifier tubes if you want. Doesn't hurt to leave both in. It just adds more sag with 2 versus 1 if you are using rectifier tubes.

4 ohms is actually stronger than 8 ohms. I run 100 watts at 4 ohms, so you would probably want to run 50 watts at 8 ohms.

Silverwulf said:
What power tubes do you have in there...430, 440, etc? Look 440-ish, but it's hard to tell.

Well, they look taller and narrower than a 6L6, so I'll make a rubbish guess that they are some sort of EL34s... :lol:

Pull one of the rectifier tubes as well (doesnt matter which one).

IMPORTANT: Running only 2 output tubes into the 100-watt output transformer cuts it's impedance in half. Plug your 16-Ohm cab into the 8-Ohm output on the head. Mesa transformers are fairly robust, so you probably haven't damaged anything, but this is the proper match.

Latest posts

Back