Can I use a Boss pedal in a paralell loop or not.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can, but make sure the effect level is at 10. You have to watch the send level with some pedals as well, because they will get overloaded and sound distorted.

What kind of boss pedal?
I found with my boss DD20 (I think it is...) that it starts some kind of feedback loop that I could only kill by literally pulling the plug....

Mind those settings!

+1 on watch your settings !!! Boss (and most other) stompbox type effects are designed to recieve an instrument-level signal, not the line-level signal present at the FX loop. Keep the FX send on the amp around 1:00, turn the amp Output up to 11:00 or more, and use the Channel Masters to adjust your volume/balance. The lower Channel Master settings will help prevent overloading the pedal inputs.

FWIW I do it all the time (stompboxes in the loop) with my Triple and have had no probs overloading the pedals (Boss DD-6, RV-5). FX send @ 1:30, Output 12:00+, can get punishingly loud with the Ch Masters well below 12:00. IMO the amp sounds better like that (more Output, less Channel Master) even with the loop footswitched off.

I use a Boss DD-20 in the parallel loop of my F-100. Works fine, but I had to set the DD-20 to +4 Output, turn the effect level to max, and the effect mix on the F-100 to 90%. This setting is a perfect volume mix though, especially for looping.

Don't want to hijack your thread, but how do you Boss DD20 owners like the pedal? I was thinking about picking one up.

depends on the effect....certain things simply aren't designed to be used in a parallel loop, such as wah pedals.

ashjn said:
I use a Boss DD-20 in the parallel loop of my F-100. Works fine, but I had to set the DD-20 to +4 Output, turn the effect level to max, and the effect mix on the F-100 to 90%. This setting is a perfect volume mix though, especially for looping.

the DD-20 can be set so that output B is the wet-only setting. i use it this way in my parallel loop, that way just the echo repeats are blended in.

i like the dd-20. not as much as real analog delay, tape echo, etc. but having different sounds with tap tempo and the ability to store presets is great for live shows.

I use a DD-20 in the loop of my Express 5:50, and it works great. The two head tape effect works very well and the four memories make it very simple to use.

Back