Can I run EL34's on my C+?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

markchatwin

Reaction score
I have a C+ Simulclass and was wondering if I could run 2 EL 34's in 2 sockets and 6L6's in the other. I think for Simulclass the inner 2 sockets and the outer 2 are the breakdown for Class A vs Simulclass... What 2 sockets could I put them in and how will it affect the tone? Thanks!

Hey, nice amp... yes you can run EL-34's... the inner pair for those. I haven't used them yet in my simul, so I can't speak from experience. I think they will warm the tone up a bit, little more creamy liquid lead tone. maybe you won't notice a huge difference in tone as much as you will in the feel of it. Got any pics of it? head or combo?

scott

zodiac272 said:
Hey, nice amp... yes you can run EL-34's... the inner pair for those. I haven't used them yet in my simul, so I can't speak from experience. I think they will warm the tone up a bit, little more creamy liquid lead tone. maybe you won't notice a huge difference in tone as much as you will in the feel of it. Got any pics of it? head or combo?

scott
its the outer sockets for the el-34's....zodiac is referring to a coli

mark, tell us more about your amp...and you might want to read this

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15935&start=0

crap, my mistake, thanks for catching that one lesterpaul! sorry! I'm still delirious from my my new purchase

scott

markchatwin said:
I have a C+ Simulclass and was wondering if I could run 2 EL 34's in 2 sockets and 6L6's in the other. I think for Simulclass the inner 2 sockets and the outer 2 are the breakdown for Class A vs Simulclass... What 2 sockets could I put them in and how will it affect the tone? Thanks!

Outer left and outer right sockets, AFTER you connect pins 1 and 8 of those sockets. My overall favorite is the Sylvania 6CA7, followed by the SED =C=. these tubes give the midrange grind without sounding too grainy. 8)

Latest posts

Back