Can I pull tubes in my mark?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

haiz69

Reaction score
I just got a widebody combo and I am wondering if I can pull two tubes to lower power? Should I just use the tweed mode? let me know.

I asked mesa the same question and they said no. Run it in tweed mode and in class A. Class A runs only the outer two power tubes, so it is like pulling the inner two.

zeppman said:
It would be more watts. I think it is around 35?
Actually it would be 50. There are four power outputs possible depending on how the switches are set, they are 30 watts in class A triode, 50 watts in class A pentode, 70 watts in simul-class triode, and 85 watts in simul-class pentode.

I'm confused about this too. I have a Mark III and the manual says you can safely run only the outer tubes in class A mode and that way determine which pair is the culprit. Doesn't that mean you should be able to run only 2 tubes all the time?
It'd be cheaper to change tubes :p

puremongo said:
I have a Mark III and the manual says you can safely run only the outer tubes in class A mode and that way determine which pair is the culprit. Doesn't that mean you should be able to run only 2 tubes all the time?
:p

Yes, you can just run 2 tubes in the outer sockets (class A) of your simul-class amp...this also works with the 60/100 models.

Doing that would be similar to only using the amp in Class A mode...

Latest posts

Back