Can anyone recomend a good attenuator to use with a dual rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plapnab

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a good attenuator to use with a Mesa Dual Recitifier? :?

Seeing that the Dual Rectifier is a high-gain amp which gets most of the distortion from the preamp would it even be beneficial to use an attenuator?

I use a Weber mini mass. I've tried it with a variety of amps and been pretty happy with it. I only use it to practice at home though. I've never really used it to get power amp distortion with a Boogie. I have cranked a 15w Peavey tube amp with it and it got a very average amp to really sing.

If you plan to an attenuator with the volume up make sure the attenuator's rating far exceeds the boogie's power rating. Remember the power rating for your Boogie is measured at the point of clipping and the power the attenuator will have to absorb will be well beyond that.

I have an ultimate attenuator that I was using with my Mark IV, extremely happy with it. I am now trying to sell it since my recent purchase of a Mark V.

I tried out the Dr Z Airbrake on my old Roadster and it did nothing more then act as a master volume.

Latest posts

Back