Can an old DR2ch handle split groun Ycables for analog relay

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpelotero

Reaction score
On the TC electronices website, it says that the gmajor/gsystem each have two 1/4" slots that allow one to connect cables and change the channels on your amp.

It also says that you can use "Y-split" cables, that cut the grounding in half, and essentially double the amount of channels you can switch. So, before you could only do two channels using two cables; the Y's allow you to swtich up to 4channels, still using only 2 cables that split the ground/signal.

THE PROBLEM:
It says that the Y cables are suitable for OLD MESA amps, such as the mark 2, 3, etc. IT IS NOT recommended for newer Mesa's such as the dual and triple rectifiers, as these CAN NOT accept a ground that is split in half.

THE QUESTION:
My dual rectifier is essentially very old, 14 years old in fact, as it was one of those chrome/blackface ones, with a serial # under 500. The electronics on these are different than the "new" rectos.

Does anyone know if this old rectifier can accept the split ground from the Y cables?????

I'm asking here first before I call Mesa after work....i get bored around here =)

*FWIW, i'd like a 2 amp setup, each having 2channels, ultimately involving a theoretical 4channel setup. I would connect two of these Ycables to allow me the 4 channels.*

Latest posts

Back