Calling IIC+ Pros

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iFreedom

Reaction score
I've seen this amp on ebay for a while now and since I can't tame my curiosity on this amp, wanted to know what you think about it and the price as well. I don't think it has that 105 tranny that some talk about and it's non-simul class and it was converted to iic+. Seems like a cheap price for a iic+ but it hasn't sold yet. ANy thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Combo-1x12_W0QQitemZ290401901397QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439d4d5b55

iFreedom said:
I've seen this amp on ebay for a while now and since I can't tame my curiosity on this amp, wanted to know what you think about it and the price as well. I don't think it has that 105 tranny that some talk about and it's non-simul class and it was converted to iic+. Seems like a cheap price for a iic+ but it hasn't sold yet. ANy thoughts?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Combo-1x12_W0QQitemZ290401901397QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439d4d5b55

I think its been up on ebay so long because of the rusty transformers. IMO, it wouldn't be worth taking a risk with those. If one of them fails, you won't be able to replace them.

The amp looks like it was rode hard and put up wet most of it's life. I'm not a fan of rusty transformers although there's a thread here (somewhere) that deals in a very positive way with them. The speaker is not appropriate for that amp as the 100 Boogie watts will blow it far and away. It does look like it "might" (mights grow on a chickens ***) have vintage 6l6's in it which would be a plus for me anyway. If it is indeed an upgrade as stated then it's got the guts of a C+ and that could be transplanted into a nice cab and probably deliver maximum satisfaction.
Having said all that, I think it's overpriced. But that's a call the ultimate buyer must make.
Jim

Two things concern me - I can't make out any "MB" initials on the area near the power chord which I thought had to be there if it was upgraded by MB at MB... They could be there though...

Also I can't make out the type of speaker it is. I would think you're trying to get an original C-C+ amp and I forget the speaker that came with the Mark II C's but you want to make sure it is an original speaker.

Lastly without pictures of the circuit board you cannot see if any detrimental parts or modifications were added. So I would proceed with caution on this one - but yeh at $1800 if all was hunky dory it's a good price.

i had a topic here a while back about the rusty transformer on it -

i would not bother with it

just keep your eyes peeled a good one will come up it may take time but its worth it !

I'd pass personally... wrong speaker, rusted as hell transformer, not original.

Price is way too high considering all of the above. I have a non-original C->C+ amp so I'm not being snobby about it, it's just that they command less money because of this fact and combine it with the condition of the tranny and having a different speaker.. I'd keep looking.

ya for 1800 you could get a 60/100 original 2C+ (at least a few members here have testified to snaggin em around that price)..for the shape of that one etc i think its a bit overpriced.

Interesting article about the rust by Mercury Mag. I want to trust them and am inclined to.

However...this is in conflict with just about everything I've previously heard about transformer rust.
I do agree with this: Rust is not a good conductor so you are better off to leave it on as opposed to cleaning it off as that probably will cause a short between the laminates.

Still a lot of money for a rather ratty looking amp, IMHO.

Good luck! :D

ndsquared said:
All things said and done...$1,800 is pretty cheap! infact this amp has been on Ebay 4 awhile...I bet he'd take less...

I bought my sweet clean Mark II for $1,600.00 (apparently too much) paid MB and Boogie 450.00 to upgrade to a C+...well worth the money ( as I'd NEVER sell it) but $1,800 compared to $2,050...well you do the math!
I guess I'm lucky, if I'd seen this I would have pulled the trigger on it before I ever even noticed the Transformers! lol
But in my defense, I've been watching MArk IIC+s on ebay for the last 2 years...Combo's w/60/100 and EQ we're topping $2,500 last year! I saw one w/Simul , reverb and EQ in a tolex 1x12 cab with a buy it now price of $3,000.00!!!! That's whay I jumped on a IIC for $ 1600.00

by the way,I run the + dry into an open back 2x12 w/80 watt celestions,then slave intomy Rocktron Xpression full wet into the return of my Seymour Duncan Convertible ...I don't mean to blaspheme...but I swear to god I saw Jesus weeping over how awesome my tone was! :wink:

ndsquared said:
ndsquared said:
All things said and done...$1,800 is pretty cheap! infact this amp has been on Ebay 4 awhile...I bet he'd take less...

I bought my sweet clean Mark II for $1,600.00 (apparently too much) paid MB and Boogie 450.00 to upgrade to a C+...well worth the money ( as I'd NEVER sell it) but $1,800 compared to $2,050...well you do the math!
I guess I'm lucky, if I'd seen this I would have pulled the trigger on it before I ever even noticed the Transformers! lol
But in my defense, I've been watching MArk IIC+s on ebay for the last 2 years...Combo's w/60/100 and EQ we're topping $2,500 last year! I saw one w/Simul , reverb and EQ in a tolex 1x12 cab with a buy it now price of $3,000.00!!!! That's whay I jumped on a IIC for $ 1600.00

by the way,I run the + dry into an open back 2x12 w/80 watt celestions,then slave intomy Rocktron Xpression full wet into the return of my Seymour Duncan Convertible ...I don't mean to blaspheme...but I swear to god I saw Jesus weeping over how awesome my tone was! :wink:

Was it the Baby Jesus that Ricky Bobby talks to? :lol: :lol: I know, that was just wrong..... I have a Catholic Priest joke that is even worse....

Heritage Softail said:
ndsquared said:
ndsquared said:

Was it the Baby Jesus that Ricky Bobby talks to? :lol: :lol: I know, that was just wrong..... I have a Catholic Priest joke that is even worse....

It's the 8 pound 5 ounce baby Jesus doing an interpretive dance to the story of my life!

[/quote]
Very interesting...When he's done send him my way.

Thanks for the comments all. I guess I'll hold off for now and keep looking. Honestly, if the seller was close, I would go by and check it out, but since it's ebay it's kind of a gamble.

iFreedom said:
ndsquared said:
It's the 8 pound 5 ounce baby Jesus doing an interpretive dance to the story of my life!

Thanks for the comments all. I guess I'll hold off for now and keep looking. Honestly, if the seller was close, I would go by and check it out, but since it's ebay it's kind of a gamble.
Patience is your ally. Decent deals come up fairly often, especially in this economy.

dodger916 said:
iFreedom said:
ndsquared said:

Patience is your ally. Decent deals come up fairly often, especially in this economy.

There's a sweet one on there now...check it out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Combo_W0QQitemZ250592294933QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5876f815

Heritage Softail said:
ndsquared said:
ndsquared said:

Then you don't even want to hear about the blonde that went to church! :shock: :lol: :lol:
(Lord I do apologize......) :lol: :D

ndsquared said:
dodger916 said:

There's a sweet one on there now...check it out!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-IIC-Combo_W0QQitemZ250592294933QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a5876f815
Only ships to the lower 48. Grrrrrrr. :evil:

Back