Cabinet refurb for my new Boogie

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

es336td

Reaction score
I have a Tremolux clone cabinet (2X10) that a friend made for me based on my 1966 Tremolux I had at the time. I used it for a while with two JBL E110-8s in it and driving it with a Boogie DC-5 head. It was amazing and I was able to get sounds I wanted. It's pretty close inside, but just painted wood instead of tolex, one of those folding handles you see on Anvil cases, and had black cloth and rat wire as a grille. Another friend built me a smaller tighter cabinet to house the JBLs and the Tremolux clone was raped for parts and stored in the basement.

I recently acquired an old Mesa Boogie SOB 100 watt head and got 2 Weber California High Power 10s to put in the Tremolux clone. Rather than put cheesy grill cloth back on it, I wanted to kind of fix it up a bit and was looking for something metal similar to the Mesa 2X12 or 4X12 cabinets or Pro Sound cabinets (JBL, EV), however, I can't find it anywhere. Any one know of good sources on the net? Thanx.

L

I've went to a local metal shop that had metal slant diamond mesh grill you see on the older Boogie 4x12" enclosures. They used this material for bar BQ pits.

But anyway, maybe this site may interest you: Metal Speaker Grills

RR said:
I've went to a local metal shop that had metal slant diamond mesh grill you see on the older Boogie 4x12" enclosures. They used this material for bar BQ pits.

But anyway, maybe this site may interest you: Metal Speaker Grills

****! I just went there looking and all I could find is the round ones with vinyl edge guards! Thanx!

es336td said:
****! I just went there looking and all I could find is the round ones with vinyl edge guards! Thanx!
Yeah, surfing the site is one thing, but having the "hard copy" => Parts Express Catalog is another thing :D

Well, I haven't finished the cabinet yet and so I used a friend's Line6 4X12 cabinet this week... ****! Now I want my old Marshall cabinet loaded with Altecs! Will report on the Weber's when I get done with the cabinet. They are beautiful speakers and were built for me when I ordered. My only disappointment, the JBL E-110-8's I used to have in the cabinet were nice heavy cast frame; the webers are stamped frame. Both had ceramic magnets.

Latest posts

Back