Cabinet Combo: Recto 2x12 and Roadking 2x12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcalabro

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just have a quick question.

I have a Recto 2x12 and now I am looking to expand. I like the overall sound i get from the 2x12 Recto but i feel as if something is missing. The sound is extremely tight and crisp but I am looking to give it a little more depth. I hear that the Road King cab with the split speakers and the open back has a bit more room to it. Is this true? If so how do you think combining the Recto with the Roadking will go?

I'm running a MARK IV.
If i do go with the Roadking, I was thinking of just adding another Recto 2x12.. or if anyone has any other suggestions, i would love to hear them!

Thanks a bunch

HI!
Thanks for the reply. To tell you the truth I have not seen one or head one! I have looked around on Mesa site but was unable to locate it. Are they discontinued?

The one reason i was looking at the roadking, was size. It seams the Recto and Roadking share the same dimensions. That appealed to me as far as stacking goes.

Did you purchase your Mark 212 used?

yes they are discontinued. The look is a bit heavy metalish because it has a metal grill but it sounds great especially with the ported lower portion. It would not probably be in your best interest for aestethics.

Greg

Latest posts

Back