C+ questions

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shark diver

Reaction score
Do any of the C+ amps come with the half power switch and simulclass? Is the 60/100, Eq, Simulclass, Reverb the only options? I'd like to get a fully loaded one, short head, just trying to check all options. Thanks, D.

and don't forget the hardwood. :D I love my imbuya IIC+ combo (EQ, Reverb, EV speaker)

Do any of the C+ amps come with the half power switch and simulclass? Is the 60/100, Eq, Simulclass, Reverb the only options?

yes and no....you can have a C+ that says "half power" and it actually refers to simul-class! you can also have a "half power" that refers to 60/100! so be careful! the only way to know for sure is to look at the output transformer, which is inside, and check that the serial # has the letters SC, for simul-class. unless there's a magic symbol there's no other way to find out. maybe get the serial # of the amp and call mesa to ask?

the options were:
60w
100/60w
simul=75/15w (or was it 85?)
180w

each of those could have reverb and/or eq.

i have c+ longhead with 60/100 switch and mine IS a simul class. i run to el34's on the outside and it has a simul class sticker next to the power cord. and it has reverb and e.q.
anybody know how much it would cost to have the simul class mod done??

I know somebody will have something to say but...before getting back here in LA I re-swapped the OT of my export C+. After many tries I prefer the non-simul transformer on that particular amp.. Why? It just sounds better with that combination...With the simul transformer it was a bit 'honky', now it's more linear. I wouldn't say more scooped or aggresive!

akamouzis said:
anybody know how much it would cost to have the simul class mod done??
Just had my 2C upgraded to a 2C+ with the simuclass option - Mike B charges $200 for the simuclass mod.
Ian

Ian,

Since you just upgraded your C to a C+, I'd be interested toi hear your opinion regarding the upgrade. How did it effect the tone. Do you feel the upgrade was worth it? Thanks.

snowman3000 said:
I know somebody will have something to say but...before getting back here in LA I re-swapped the OT of my export C+. After many tries I prefer the non-simul transformer on that particular amp.. Why? It just sounds better with that combination...With the simul transformer it was a bit 'honky', now it's more linear. I wouldn't say more scooped or aggresive!

Italians !!! :D

is there a difference in tone between the longhead-simul and short head-simul? or between simul vs non simul?
im a little confused on mine because when i switch between 60/100 there is no difference in tone just volume. but i run 2 el34's and i thought you could only do this if it were a simul class. what does this mean? is the ot the box on the left or right as your looking at it from behind? the box on the right has 105-162319. no sc??

is there a difference in tone between the longhead-simul and short head-simul? or between simul vs non simul?
im a little confused on mine because when i switch between 60/100 there is no difference in tone just volume. but i run 2 el34's and i thought you could only do this if it were a simul class. what does this mean? is the ot the box on the left or right as your looking at it from behind? the box on the right has 105-162319. no sc??

no diff. in tone b/w long head or short heads. same thing really.
b/w simul and non simul YES!! some other here can describe it better.

if you have 2 el34s and 2 6l6's that is simul, unless you just put them in there and it's not simul, in which case the amp or tubes should not be working too well... :roll:

the OT is inside...as in you gotta get your hand in there...the power transformer is the one you're seeing since it has the number 105, which is the desired PT for c+. the OT will have an SC written on it. i think the number for simul is either 562003 or SC151602 or something like that...either # indicates simul. don't have the paper in front of me.

simul-class allows you to switch between class A, where the tubes are always running, therefore you get a nice vintage tone, and between class AB (correct me if im wrong), where the tubes still run but at a much lower level to save energy and heat. this tone is said to be "sweet"

Man I am being a bear today. :x

Please cut all the crap about the 105 transformer. Find out the facts of what it actually is before making statements such as:

"you're seeing since it has the number 105, which is the desired PT for c+."

If you knew the whole story, this IS NOT THE best PT for a Simul-Class amp. Look up my earlier post on 105 Transformer Bullshit.

Sorry, but this type of thing is such garbage.

BWK

it's all subjective opinion. i'm by no means a guru but i do feel i have acquired some knowledge about this amp over the past 2-3 years. one can argue about the PT forever, because i still do. IMO the 105 is good for certain applications, the 100 for others, the X101 for class A...etc...not to be disrespectful but I do know some facts about the PT. i was saying my opinion simply. i do agree with you on those who try to push different features of the amp simply to make a sale are wrong. it was probably wrong of me to say 105 is the desired PT, but for most people it is, so I implied it to be true here as well.

Latest posts

Back