C+ Mod

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schpock

Reaction score
Hey everyone, sorry if this is a repeated topic (I searched for it and couldn't find what I was looking for), but do any of you guys know if they still do the C+ mod to Mark IIs and if they are still doing them, do they do them to all the versions? Also, how much does it cost if they are still doing it.

They do them, but only to C's, nothing earlier. They used to upgrade all Mark II models while the C's were in production, but I think they no longer have the necessary pc boards.

I'm not sure of the cost, but I'd say around $400. I've been speaking with Mike B recently, and he said he wants all such amps to have a thorough going-over. That plus the "upgrade" costs around $400.

Ahhhhh ok. I was hoping it was for all versions because it seems that the As and Bs are going pretty cheap (althoguht I haven't seen what the Cs are going for). I would like to get a Mark IV but it seems that these are pretty expensive used nowadays and that the Mark IIs I've seen have been cheaper. I figure I rather get a Mark II and upgrade it than spend a lot of money for a Mark IV all at once. Do you know how much a plain Mark II C with eq is going for these days?

Schpock said:
Ahhhhh ok. I was hoping it was for all versions because it seems that the As and Bs are going pretty cheap (althoguht I haven't seen what the Cs are going for). I would like to get a Mark IV but it seems that these are pretty expensive used nowadays and that the Mark IIs I've seen have been cheaper. I figure I rather get a Mark II and upgrade it than spend a lot of money for a Mark IV all at once. Do you know how much a plain Mark II C with eq is going for these days?

A lot more than a MkIV. The non eq versions are still pretty cheap, and with an EQ in the loop they sound incredible. They're about as much as a used Mk IV though...

adrenaline junkie said:
Schpock said:

A lot more than a MkIV. The non eq versions are still pretty cheap, and with an EQ in the loop they sound incredible. They're about as much as a used Mk IV though...

You might be able to find a rev/eq IIC in the $1,500 to $1,800 range. Simul would probably be more. I bought a fully loaded 60 watt IIC Imbuya/wicker combo for $1,550 about a month ago. The real expensive ones are the production C+. The upgraded Mark IIs usually go for considerably less due to lower "collector value".

They're out there, but you need to be persistent and patient.

I gotta say that I am pretty tired of hearing about the c+ mod. If you want a c+ then buy one. And then if you don't like the c+, sell it.

I believe that Mike B. @ Mesa only mods IIC amps that have the RP11A revision circuit board. The older IIC amps with board revision RP10A are upgradeable (I've "done" a few lol) but there isn't enough space on there to add the additional parts required for the reverb / fx circuit mod and a few others, and it's generally time consuming. And it seems that the RP11A circuit board is not being made anymore so it's not possible to upgrade IIA/IIB/RP10A IICs, officially, at least.

/Jonny

Cool didn't know that, I stand corrected.

Here's a RP10 IIC I modded to C+ earlier :)

Before/after:
iicbeforeafterqj4.jpg

Back