c+ combo on the bay 1799 buy it now! w/ eq!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimAnsell

Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/Mesa-Boogie-2C-IIC-combo_W0QQitemZ180169427787QQihZ008QQcategoryZ43374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Johnson said:
I believe it is a modded C+...but then again, Im not 100% sure.

He updated the auction to say it's a C that was modded to a C+.

No bites at $1799 after a few days. If the serial number were 1000 digits higher it someone would have hit the BIN within a half-hour.

IMHO a modded C will never bring the same money as a real C+.

Not to sound like a idiot, but will a modded C+ sound much different than a real C+

themisfit138 said:
Not to sound like a idiot, but will a modded C+ sound much different than a real C+

No, its actually a really good questions. Every account that I have heard says that they sound the same.

Man, now is the time where I am so incredibly tempted to whip my current rig on Craigslist for a cheap price and try to pull the trigger on this. But of course I know I would sell it and the second I did the IIC+ would have sold.

Looks like an incredible deal to my eyes though and I am wondering why it has yet to sell. Somebody buy this!

gts said:
sundaypunch said:
It's a converted C w/o Simulclass. I think the price is OK. Not a deal in my book.
Purist

I just don't think a conversion is worth the same price as a real C+. A silverface Fender converted to blackface spec's doesn't sell for the same amount, and a metal panel Marshall converted to Plexi spec's doesn't sell for the same amount.

When it comes to paying collector prices (which is where most C+'s are now) people want the real deal. Just my opinion of course.

Yeah, you have to be careful on these auction. You just don't know who you are dealing with, especially with these expensive items all the time. It sucks.

I had a look and it said the auction was ended early be the seller. Maybe he sold it offline? If ebay does it don't they remove it entirely?

gts said:
JimAnsell said:
aren't mark IIc's just as rare as c+'s in terms of production numbers?
Yeah theoretically only 1500 C's were made whereas 2500 C+ were produced.

But due to the "Mark IIC Serial Number Accountablity Act of 2007" data to support validation for the production of 2500 C+'s has yet to be declared. It's suspected that only anout about 1800 +- were actually produced. (Not sure if there is a similar disparity for the C's). There's an ongoing investigation into the matter and the Chief Mark IIC Investigator continues to collect the data.

However the investigation itself isn't without troubles. The accounting method being used is under fire and of concern. Each time a new Boogie is seen (whether a mark series a C or C+ or not) his children do the accounting. This is causing great confusion as to whether any particular Mesa amp belongs in the C+ serial number listing. The problem lies in the fact that when they see a Mesa amp they simply declare "Boogie". However uncoventional the practice, it has been proven the children are very accurate regard them being a Mesa even if of other needed details are missing.

The Accounting Office associated with the investigation is trying to get the Chief Mark IIC Investigator to use another method for more accurate and efficient declaration as to the status of each amp Mesa as a C+. Relying on the young childrens declaration has been questioned as unscientific. Concerns over child labor laws have also been raised but since these are the children of the Chief Mark IIC Investigator no legal action is seen as viable.

The whole situation has also taken on a cult like atmoshphere as relates to the C+. These young validators have come to be called the "Boggie Babies Gang" and the head investigator has taken the title of "Boogiebabies" himself! But despite all concerns the investigation moves forward with hopes of a complete accounting of all IIC+ amps with and a validation of their actual production numbers.

For years Mark IIC owner around the world have been claiming higher status due to rarity. But Mark IIC+ owners claim higher status due to greater tone. C+ owners also state, "If the C was so good why have so many C's defected and join to the C+ ranks." This controversy to be covered in a follow up article.
Stay tuned.

Follow up artice is now posted.

Latest posts

Back