bypass switch on Stiletto's and DR's

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

disassembled

Reaction score
On the 3 Channel Recto I have here I noticed a huge tone change when I bypassed the loop. After I fiddled with the send and Mix knobs I found a nice balance that made the switch from hard bypass to on nearly seamless. I didn't have any effects in the loop so I don't know if what I had it set at is even usable though.

If you don't use the loop or the solo then i believe you should most definitely bypass the loop. The less worthless junk you are adding to the signal the better.

Greg

I noticed a big difference on my Roadster, but no so much on my Stiletto II. I'd rather have the ability to get the MVs into their sweetspot anyway, and set my overall volume with the output knob.

i just went through this with my 3ch. triple. since i`ve had it it has been in bypass mode. 1 month or so ago i decided to engage it so i could use the output knob. i didn`t notice any change, but after a week i felt like my amp was kind of pussing out and sounded mushy. switched the bypass back and i was in heaven again. all the balls came out and went into my bandmates mouths

disassembled said:
On the 3 Channel Recto I have here I noticed a huge tone change when I bypassed the loop. After I fiddled with the send and Mix knobs I found a nice balance that made the switch from hard bypass to on nearly seamless. I didn't have any effects in the loop so I don't know if what I had it set at is even usable though.

Greg

Just out of curiosity, what did you put your settings on the back of the amp add with the loop engaged? I use the solo feature quite often as I am the 'lead" guitarist in my band. Thanks bud.

-AJH

lockbody said:
I noticed a big difference on my Roadster, but no so much on my Stiletto II. I'd rather have the ability to get the MVs into their sweetspot anyway, and set my overall volume with the output knob.

I SECOND THAT..... IVE USED THAT METHOD FOR ALL MY MESA'S AND FOUND IT WORKS EXTREMELY WELL WITH RECTOS AS IT CLEANS UP THE HIGH GAIN SECTIONS ... ALSO YOU DONT HAVE TO USE AS MUCH GAIN TO GET A HUGE, MY CHEST IS BEING CRUSHED THUMP

Latest posts

Back