Buying my first Mesa Boogie Rectifier

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
Im thinking about buying my first Mesa Boogie Rectifier head next week.

Im pretty much looking for that Mesa Dual/Tripple Rectifier sound but with Lonestar cleans.

Influences:
Alter Bridge
Tool
Staind
30 Seconds to Mars
Pink Floyd
Santana

My local Boogie dealer just got a Mesa Boogie Roadster. Is this my amp?

If you want good cleans and the rectifier tone, you want the Roadster or Road King.

For PF or Santana though you won't really find that 'Mark' lead tone on the rectifier unless you boost the front end with an OD set for a clean boost (in my experience).

barneyc4 said:
PLatypus, why are you selling your dual rectifier?

Because I wanted to try something new. I'll own another DR without a question one day but I wanted a Mark IV for a change of pace and I had to finance it somehow after just buying a new 2x12 ace :) (gas owns me)

It's still for sale if you're interested. The last guy has been dicking me around on it so I'm relisting it today. PM me if you're interested. It's in mint condition, never gigged with, etc. I'll send you all the details + pics if you wish.

Honestly, the cleans on the Roadster/RK are better than the Solo heads, but that's not to say the cleans on the solo heads suck. They're actually pretty decent.

I use mine with a couple clean passages, throw in a reverb and/or light delay to smooth out the tone and use the neck pickup w. a little bit of the tone rolled off and it sounds sweet.

Just my 2 cents.

Yep, they are better than the solo heads but the solo heads aren't terrible for cleans, they get the job done but they're not exactly what you buy a Recifier for :)

Platypus said:
Yep, they are better than the solo heads but the solo heads aren't terrible for cleans, they get the job done but they're not exactly what you buy a Recifier for :)

Yes, exactly.

suppose most guys who by a solo head are rockers,not jazzers,wel thats not sayin there not for jazz,I can get a pretty good john scofield green tea tone,but then again I get a better Dream Theater tone,whahahaha

RK/Roadster cleans are better,Im vsure they are the same channels that are found on the lonestars which really are f**kin great clean sounds,but if your budget is a little tight the solo heads have a really great clean as well,with tonnes of head room,I like a lot of revewrb on my clean so I would have really gone for a RK,but suppose I 'll have to lug about a reverb pedal

depends on your budget

Euan

Back