Buying a Mesa?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,
This is my first post here. I was wondering if anyone could tell me where to order Mesa amps online? I'm interested in a Rect-o-verb combo. So far I have only found european online dealers so any help finding an American one would be appreciated.
Thanks for the help!

You can't order Mesa's online, price is not negotiable either.

Best bet is to find a local dealer and order from them.

Don't buy the rectoverb if you are going to use the effects loop. The loop is awful. I know, I owned one. Really worthless. If you are going to run straight in then by all means go for it.

ned said:
You can't order Mesa's online, price is not negotiable either.

Best bet is to find a local dealer and order from them.

I don't understand this comment. I bought 3 Mesa amps in the last 12 months. Got nice discounts on each one.

brianf

What model's were they? Were they discontinued? Rules in Canada may be different as well.

For instance Stiletto's are being blown out at about 50% discount. About 6 months ago you could get a great deal on a Mark IV short head along with 2:90 power amps. This is the exception not the rule.

The policy protects Mesa dealers from Online shops and also keeps the dealers from poaching on someone else's territory.

brianf, where did you order them from? I'm from just north of Toronto, so I'm sure I could take advantage of this as well....

brianf said:
I bought 3 Mesa amps in the last 12 months. Got nice discounts on each one.
brianf

You are lucky then. In the US, Mesa keeps a strict pricing scheme. The only sales of new equipment are ones Mesa has authorized.

You can get great clearance prices at any GC around the beginning of the year. Last year I got a brand new Mark IV short head and vertical 2x12 recto cab for $1229. Then I sold it on Ebay for $1900 or so. I wish I still had that Mark IV but now I'm looking at either another Mark IV or Road King.

ned said:
What model's were they? Were they discontinued? Rules in Canada may be different as well.

Roadking Head, LSS and a Mark IV. I think rules in Canada are different. It is against the law to fix prices in that manner. Combines Investigation Act I believe, but the USA has similar legislation I think.

brianf

slhguitar said:
brianf, where did you order them from? I'm from just north of Toronto, so I'm sure I could take advantage of this as well....

Call me at work on Monday. 905 844-4424 ext 226. I would be glad to help you out!!!!

brianf

The cheapest Roadster combo I found in Montreal is 3220 CAN Dollars (incuding tax). A little trip south of the border would save me a couple green bills... Does Vermont use the list price too? What if the sales tax down there?
Jf

Gia said:
The cheapest Roadster combo I found in Montreal is 3220 CAN Dollars (incuding tax). A little trip south of the border would save me a couple green bills... Does Vermont use the list price too? What if the sales tax down there?
Jf

I don't know the sales tax for sure in Vermont but I think it's 6% or 7%. If you can make it to New Hampshire, there is NO sales tax! That can save you quite a bit of $$$ when buying a $2,000 amp!

0% sure beats 15% (the sale tax where I live). They should call it New Amp Shire

Sorry for double posting, but you'll thank me! I found mesa amps WAAAY under list price. Follow the link here:

http://www.advancemusicvt.com/search_gear.php?search=1&CATEGORY=cat%7CAmplifier&MINPRICE=0&MAXPRICE=100000000&NEWUSED=&MAKE=&KEYWORD=mesa&orderby=PRICE

*tire screetch*

guys i was also told that shops dont discount mesa amps- fortunately thats not always the case, while i was looking around i was told by someone that the distributors needed to move amps and they were willing to discount. it just depends who you ask.

Latest posts

Back