butcher my guitar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mesanomad100

Reaction score
whahahahaha,welcome to another of my threads

Ok so here it is,I have a brand new American deluxe Tele in candy Tangerine,amazing guitar.......but Im now running a dual rec and was wondering will the bog standard samarium cobalt pups still keep up with the recto,these are low output singlecoils,they did sound great with my Nomad but as this is my main guitar is it worth it to stick in a seymour duncan hotrail at the bridg(I already own this brand new)and the hot for tele neck pickup(which I own as well but havent replaced them yet)

Has anyone got a hot for tele in the neck pos. what is there output and are they similar to a humbucker

The butchering will come into play if the neck pup does keep up with the bridge,what I will do is install my custom chrome Dimarzio Paf jo at the neck instead so I have a dual humbucker guitar,it will look the biz as well

I wont do any routing I will give that to my tech to do,problem for me not for him :D

Any thought.........

I love to play my tele but with such a high performance amp will these singlecoils be up to it or not :?

cheers

Euan

haha
looked under my tele's pickguard and it is already routed out probably enough room to fit my dimarzio in but the guard will have to be cut a tad

I thought that the Teles were routed for hums. I know for a while they were bath tub routing Strats. Now I think they went back to individual pickup routing but they should still accept hums in neck and bridge at least.

yeah,its routed out under the guard and there is definatly enuff room in there for a humbucker,as for the bridge Im gonna use a seymour duncan hot rail which is a mini humbucker so no need to buy a new bridge

ya know thats why I love Fenders they are the easiest guitar on the planet to mod.

mesanomad100 said:
yeah,its routed out under the guard and there is definatly enuff room in there for a humbucker,as for the bridge Im gonna use a seymour duncan hot rail which is a mini humbucker so no need to buy a new bridge

ya know thats why I love Fenders they are the easiest guitar on the planet to mod.

Have you tried the Dimarzio stuff? ie. Chopper, Pro Track, Cruiser?

I bought an Evo when they were first released and slammed it into my Strat that had a Floyd. That rocked. Fenders are fun to modify :twisted:

I just got finished putting a Duncan Mini Vintage Humbucker in the neck position and a Duncan Lil' 59 humbucker in the bridged of my American Tele. This things is so sweet now...great combo and looks nice too. I got the pickguard from Warmoth for about 20 bucks, they cut and sell them to what ever your needs are. My Tele is about an 03 or so and I did not need to route the neck position hole. I think most of the newer Tele's are set up like this.

Guitarzan said:
mesanomad100 said:

Have you tried the Dimarzio stuff? ie. Chopper, Pro Track, Cruiser?

Are these as high output as a full dimarzio,I know the the Ritchie Kotzen jap. tele's have a chopper at the bridge and a twang king in the neck,very sexy guitar,have any of you guys seen it?the surf green one is the one I would go for,I might just do that

Latest posts

Back