building a headshell and Thieles, need some info

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itsik

Reaction score
Hi guys.

I've decided to dive in and build a headshell for my short MK-IV and two thiele shells.

I have the EV plans for the thiele and I was wondering if any one had any plans of the Mesa version.
I also need the headshell plans/measurments and some details on the configuration of the reverb and fan.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thnx
Itsik

No one is answering your question because they likely want you to do a search since this topic was touched already.

Look a few post down.

I don' t mean to be a sarcastic or mean but many times members of any board don't like to answer questions that were previous discuss. So you either haven't seen those post or you want everything spelled out to you.

Link Post 0
Link Post 1

Thanks for the reply RR but I've read almost all I could find about this subject in the forum.

If you read my first post, you'll see I stated that I have the EV plans which were discussed extansivly in the forum but I'm looking for the MESA BOOGIE version design of the thiele cab (which some one just promissed to send me via a PM ...) which I could not find any where.

I also asked about the placement of the fan and reverb tank, which, from what I found, were mentioned here but I could'nt find any details, pics and/or measurments.

To make a long story short, I don't need everything spelled out for me. I simply need any information I can get my hands on, simply because unlike people that have Mesa Boogie amps in the music store down the street, I can't walk into a store and examin an amp to get the info I need because Boogies are not imported to Israel at all.

Itsik

I'm sorry Itsik, :oops:

Didn't mean to be so harsh.

I glanced at everyone's post on theile enclosures never reading in detail never realize they did not included dimensions.

Anyone give Itsik dimension of a Theile EV enclosure?

Height, Width Depth and port hole area and depth?

Itsik, I have old catalogs on MESA Boogies and if I'm not mistaken, they gave the dimension of a Theile enclosures but not the port area and depth. I'll see if I could give at least those dimension.

NP. RR :D , Nothing to be sorry aobut
and of course, any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Itsik

On the thiele add an inch to the width and subtract the same from the depth . Port area must remain the same

check this out www.sawstop.com

Buddy said:
On the thiele add an inch to the width and subtract the same from the depth . Port area must remain the same

check this out www.sawstop.com
Thanks ... yes that table saw is excellent and looks like it has Bessemer fence or knock off, but what does it has to do with theile enclosures?

So what is the opening depth of the port?

More fingers left after the job !
jam_on.gif

As long as the interior volume is kept constant , the port area and (port) depth remain unchanged . (From the tl806 specs )

Got it gts :D :D :D

Thank you VERY much!!! and you've got mail as well :wink:

Can any one please check the depth of the routing for the reverb tank on the bottom of the headshell ?
I'm also looking for as many details as possible on the mounting location and method of the fan

Thanks
Itsik

Hi Itsik:

I assume you are converting a self contain (combo) to head[?].

I don't know about Mark IVs heads but I seen Mark II, Mark I heads have a cut out bottom of the enclosure dimension of the reverb tank. Can't you use the dimension of your current reverb tank.

Then there's a slot in front to mount the fan horizontally. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow of my Mark II to show you how it was done.

Thnx for all the pations and the help RR :D

Thnx to one of the guys here (I'm not sure wether he wants me to say his name..)I've already got all the info I need to do this project and all that remains is to actually build the headshell and 2 thieles.

Thnx again :)

Itsik

Itsik:

I don't know if this will help about the reverb tank and fan cutout but here's a shell of my Mark II (long version).

slot for fan
fanSlot.JPG

cutout for reverb (shell is upside down):
reverbTankCutout.JPG

Latest posts

Back