Bugera!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
playdosboogies said:
My 6260 sh!t the bed 2 days after i bought it..I liked the sound, but could never trust them again after that!! Brought it back and paid the xtra to get the 5150III...WOW..I should have known better..Friggin Behringer makes the absolute crappiest, most unreliable products...

Far out, bugger, ay? Gives me a good enough excuse to stay away from them.

Think I'll get a 3ch dual recto instead.

I bought one and have had it for a week. No problems at all. It's really loud and sounds very good. Better than anything else in the price range (B-52 or Peavey Valveking) The cleans are better than a Peavey 6505+ and the gain is very tight and heavy. We all know that cheaper stuff has it's drawbacks. (ie reliability) but this amp is built sturdy. I think it's built more sturdy than most marshalls (which aren't that sturdy to begin with) Expensive stuff has one major drawback...IT'S EXPENSIVE!!! Not everyone can afford a $1000+ for an amp. This is a great amp for people who want a great tube sound but don't have lots of money to throw around. It doesn't sound specifically like any other amp although it is close to a 6505+. Like someone said above, the gain is great for death metal.

If you have the money for an expensive amp this is a great backup. If you dont' have the money for an expensive amp then this is a great alternative to getting a crappy solid state amp. :lol:

Also, some people were talking about these amps being chinese made. Well please look through your amps and tell me how many of the resistors, transistors, diodes, pc board etc etc are american made. I'm pretty sure you'll find that most of the parts that make up your american made amp aren't american at all.

ok guys, so i spent some of today playing with the amp and REALLY paying attention. basically the only 'issue' i see is when switching the loop on and off. there is a small pop but its mechanical not tonal, kinda reminds me of when u switch channels on a RECTO and they pop.
Otherwise the tone is great and there is ONE awesome factor that helps a lot. The High/ Low input. The low sounds like a standard 5150 not pushed and the High gives a +6db boost which tightens up the amp and gives the tone u get when using a OD pedal with it. I tried using a boss OD1 on it and it had the same effect in LOW input as it did without a boost on HIGH. So this amp is a 5150 WITH optional boost. the clean channel is actually quite nice as opposed to what you'd expect from this amp due to price and being High Gain. ALSO, the reverb is memorized. If our on clean and you want verb, you switch it on, then on LEAD its OFF if u had it off originally. So you don't have to tap dance Razz

So overall with a 12 month warranty, 3month tube warranty, I say for $700 (This would be the average haggle price) this amp is worth checking out. Tone is 8.4/10, Build quality *external* 7.5-8/10, Overall 8/10
If it dies within a year I'll use the warranty get my money back and buy a used 6505. if it doesn't then it's a great amp

After my experience with behring...ooops i mean um er bugera...LOL. i wont even buy a footswitch from those junk dealers...I also ended up getting a like-new 5150 2x12 combo for LESS than the behringer and it just smokes it in every way..No comparison.

A bunch of people on Ultimate Guitar were raving about the 333 head having more gain than a 5150 or 6505. Bugera's gotten really popular over there.

The 6262 is supposed to be very close to a 5150/6505, and since the price of a new one is about the same as a used Peavey, everyone has been saying they're worth it.

I got the 6262 which doesn't have the two inputs but it does have the 6 preamp tubes (the 6202 has five). The reverb being memorized is a nice feature. I like reverb on my cleans but not on my heavy rythm sound and this makes it easy to switch between the two. I really got to crank this thing up with my band on thursday and it sounded great. The other guitarist has a 6505+ through a rectifier cab and I'm using mine through a Marshall 1960A. I think the cleans on the bugera are definitely better than the Peavey. The distortion sounds are very similar. We had to tweak our amps quite differently to stand out from each other. One thing I thought was interesting was that he had his output at 6 most of the night, while I had mine at 3 or 4 and I still felt like mine was over powering him a little. There is some hiss in the fx loop though. It's not a hiss that a noise gate will take out either. I have my processor and my gate in my loop and when I turn the loop on I get a quiet hiss. The hiss doesn't increase in volume or anything when I change the volume on the amp. It is just a slight hiss but then I just hit the fx loop button on the footswitch and it's gone.

So basically, it sounds awesome. For $549 it can't be beat. Will out match a mesa or bogner or something like that? No, definitely not. But for the price it's great!

Back