Bugera!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Turumbar82

Reaction score
Has anyone tried one? I have a friend who just bought one and will be receiving it via fedex next week. Just wondering if anyone else had tried one? I know there are going to be like 20 people here bashing them even though they haven't played them or have only listened to a clip on the net of them.

I really would love to hear a good solid review from somebody who has actually played one.

I havent heard one in person.

In week you should be able to provide US with a good review.

Haven't seen/played one myself.

Seems like Behringer is kind of hit or miss with stuff. Some of their stuff is great, and some is utter crap. Hopefully for your friend his amp falls in the former category and not the latter.

Let us know how it is! Might be a great backup amp for some of us (me...lol)

He ordered it from American Musical Supply though and they have a 45 day return policy. He would just have to pay the shipping back. If he doesn't like it he can always return it.

I don't need to play it to bash the company for stealing designs and R&D, or for using the cheapest parts available.

Their customer service is good. We've never had any problems exchanging faulty products of theirs at work, but a good 25% of some types of their products are dead within a week of use.

I can't wait until people start saying how much better the bugeras sound with 'real tubes' in them :p

phyrexia said:
I don't need to play it to bash the company for stealing designs and R&D, or for using the cheapest parts available.

Their customer service is good. We've never had any problems exchanging faulty products of theirs at work, but a good 25% of some types of their products are dead within a week of use.

I can't wait until people start saying how much better the bugeras sound with 'real tubes' in them :p

I understand what you are saying but I don't think we can start talking about amp companies stealing ideas from others when almost every major amp company out there has stolen their design from somebody else. Randall himself made the first Mesa Boogie's from modifing Fenders. Jim Marshall made the first Marshalls from copying Fenders. Rivera did the same thing with Fender. Soldano did it with Marshall. Peavey did it to Soldano and the list goes on. And that's just amps!!!! Let's look at all the single cut away guitars that look like Les Pauls, or all the Strat copies out there. Now let's get into pedals...how many companies talk about the classic 808 JRC chip in their pedals? Who did they steal that from?

There really aren't any new designs out there, just modifications on what already exists.

If these Bugera are even half as good sounding as the Peavey's they copy then I think they are worth their price tag which is less than half the equivalent Peavey.

The only thing I mistrust is the quality as mentioned above. That is really where paying a lot is worth it.

I think there is a diff b/w lifting ideas off established builders and stealing entire designs and looks from existing makers products.

I don't think Bugera's designs are exact copies. For instance the Peavey 6505+ doesn't have a noise gate built in and the Bugera 6262 does. The 6505 has a resonance control but the Bugera doesn't.

Of course someone would have to get one and take it apart to find out how different they are from the Peavey's they are copying.

Does anyone really think that Peavey is going to do something about it? If Peavey doesn't care then why would anyone else?

Obviously there are a lot of people on the board here that just won't have anything to do with cheaper amps because of their own reasons.

In all actually you could consider this amp a Modeling Amplifier. It's just not digital and it only models a Peavey. Bugera has supposedly copied a couple of Peavey amps but Line 6 has copied every amp (virtually) What's the difference?

It provides a cheaper alternative to people that just don't have the money or can't justify spending over $1000 on an amp.

The people that will get the most angry about this amp are the people who will probably never play one much less buy one in the first place.

I do know that last week these amps were 450 at some place and then the prices went up. I wonder why? Maybe there's a demand?

I'm not saying Bugera is going to be the next best amp company. I just think it's interesting to see an amp for that cheap and hopefully it does sound decent.

there is a big difference b/w Line6 and Brugera.

Line6 is upfront with what they are doing...they tell you what they are cloning. Brugera does not...their designs are blatant.

Good point Line 6 is upfront that they are copying an amps exact sound.

I guess in the world of amps honesty is the best policy.

So back to the original question...

Has anyone actually played one to hear what they sound like?

I'm asking opinions from people that have actually tried one and not opinions from people that haven't and probably never will

not to be rude but if you haven't played one yet and have something bad to say about them...please keep it to yourself.

If you HAVE played one and have bad things to say...please tell me! I want to know why it's bad.

Well my buddy got his bugera in the mail.

Now for what he said about it. He said it was amazingly loud even with the volume at lower levels. He stated the the clean was okay but broke up to easily (he's using EMG's though) He also said that the crunch channel was very nice and the lead channel was great. He said it was similar to a 6505/5150 but had better definition and less buzziness. Also the reverb is nice. He stated that the build quality felt solid but the footswitch wasn't as nice as his XXX's footswitch and that the cable for the footswitch felt kind of cheap.

Unfortunately I cannot play on his amp because he lives in maryland now and I live in Florida.

Interesting though. Another review of this amp stating it's very good.

I bought the 6260 the other day to satisfy my 5150 cravings since i dont have the peaveys anymore....Well BIG SURPRISE....It smokes the peavey versions!!!! footswitchable effects loop, awesome reverb(better than the jvm). and QUIET!!NO HISS AND NOISE LIKE THE 5150-6505+. I freakin love this thing, cant stop playing it...HIGHLY RECOMENDED!! Build quality is robust too, on par with newer marshalls...Im gonna grab another while they are still 399.00 cause some stores already jacked em up $100.

Quit bitching :p
I tried one, I was impressed, it's no Mark IV but it's another beast on its own. I'm gonna get one for the Melodic Death Metal stuff I play :)
Plus a TUBE backup is always nice. I can integrate it right into my set up right now so YAY for Bugera
The cheap mans tube! :p

BTW Behringer DISTRIBUTES THEM, the company is not actually apart of Behringer. They use behringers contacts though, their suppliers etc

I saw a 6262 head in my local music shop today, gave it a whirl...

I've only had about 1hr on a 5150 and a 5150II, but **** this thing is pretty close. The lead channel is tight and defined, definitely a good metalcore sound. It sounds pretty good at low volumes too.

Being made in china scares the **** out of me though, and the purchase price is as cheap as dirt.

My 6260 **** the bed 2 days after i bought it..I liked the sound, but could never trust them again after that!! Brought it back and paid the xtra to get the 5150III...WOW..I should have known better..Friggin Behringer makes the absolute crappiest, most unreliable products...

Back